Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you know, if we all took it in stride and went with it with a positive attitude, powering through those levels wouldn't feel like such a chore. If you don't like playing the game, why are you here?

Why does everyone seem to feel entitled to a level 60? It's supposed to be an accomplishment of time commitment, and it's supposed to happen gradually over time.
Didn't you level here during the exp bonus?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The scaling bonus from 1-50 is still in effect. We don't know what it is and how it scales though beyond previous explanations lost to the forum entropy here.
yes and the scaling bonus stops @ 50, hence why my post of "there is no exp bonus 50-60"
Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you know, if we all took it in stride and went with it with a positive attitude, powering through those levels wouldn't feel like such a chore. If you don't like playing the game, why are you here?

Why does everyone seem to feel entitled to a level 60? It's supposed to be an accomplishment of time commitment, and it's supposed to happen gradually over time.
Again, conceptually I don't think that many people care too much about the EXP. It's more based on the fact that there is very few people to play with here, and getting into a group to begin with is incredibly difficult. If there were ample groups and plenty of people to meet and play with, I don't think people would care nearly as much. This change will undoubtedly result in even fewer people to group with.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twainz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't you level here during the exp bonus?

Thanks
I leveled to high 30s on release, as a cleric. I leveled with Arzak and friends. Faerie was started right after some xp nerf happened and people were complaining on the boards, then once I got into my 50s the servers were DDoSed and they added in that huge bonus that was just removed.

Red99
Old 02-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Kobold

must have been easy leveling with the staff
Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, conceptually I don't think that many people care too much about the EXP. It's more based on the fact that there is very few people to play with here, and getting into a group to begin with is incredibly difficult. If there were ample groups and plenty of people to meet and play with, I don't think people would care nearly as much. This change will undoubtedly result in even fewer people to group with.
Probably, but so will complaining about the change. If we really cared so much about the population instead of just looking out for our own goals, we would do the best with what we have instead of working to make it worse.

Besides, Sirken told us that more changes are coming and that they're not just leaving the server as it is. I trust him; he's never steered us wrong in the past.

Red99
Banned

Quote:

First off you can't talk shit and ask stupid questions like why are you here and do you enjoy the game to the guy PLing up all the noobs, recruiting people from blue, offering raiding to those that would not otherwise have it, etc. Obviously the new rules are hurting his goals of providing a raid experience for his guild.

Who are you on this server right now? What level/class/guild are you in and how have these rules helped or hurt your ability to make in impact on this server? Would anyone notice if you stopped logging in?

You can ask those question for anyone for the exp nerfs and it would be the same outcome - non factor.

There are 3 people on this server that make a big impact on the community right now, Lite, HB and Nizzar. Their play times are absurd and they impact almost every player on this server whether for the better or worse. I know 2/3 don't like the exp nerf, not sure about Lite or if it really effects him and his friends.

Whether it is complaining out of frustration or making their opinions known to urge the devs to make a change going forward that is what happens on forums. Get over it.
Last edited by HippoNipple; 02-25-2014 at 01:37 PM..
Planar Protector

Quote:
I leveled to high 30s on release, as a cleric. I leveled with Arzak and friends. Faerie was started right after some xp nerf happened and people were complaining on the boards, then once I got into my 50s the servers were DDoSed and they added in that huge bonus that was just removed.
That exp nerf wasn't as bad as this one. I think that was from 300% to 150%. This one was from 200% to 0%. I don't really care as much because I already have 4 lvl 60s. I do care about the population getting shit on though.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

I highly doubt there are people sitting there going "well they changed exp from 400% to 0% and I was going to tough it out but then I saw some threads criticizing this change so I'm out now"
Old 02-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Banned

I do not like seeing all the negativity directed at the staff. People really do need to learn to make 1 rnf post and keep it there. And not accuse the staff of hurting the box.

There's a reason there is a term for "dramatically leaving a community". I find the attacks on the staff and the server and EQ's spirit in general far more damaging then any sane debate over mechanics changes. Which in total, there was 3 posts over the last weak on.
Closed Thread