Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Arrow A few questions

I know not to expect a response from Rogean, so this is for the GMs again. Sorry to bother you so much, but I'm sure you understand.

1. How exactly are pvp-specific dev decisions made, and implemented? The various devs seems to have distinctively different roles in this process, so maybe if you could walk us through the process from ideas phase to implementation that would help us better understand. Who makes the various decisions, like changing rates, and who is the person that has to actually make the changes?

2. Can we get an official word on why we're now "preferred" status? It's Rogean's (or Nilbog's? how does this work?) server and he can do what he pleases with it, but it would be nice just to get a single sentence expressing the reason here.

3. nm xp fixed

4. Heartbrand is telling us that we're rumored to be moved to blue after they've had 3 months of Velious. This is crazy, right?

Thank you

Red99
Last edited by Faerie; 03-23-2014 at 06:13 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Deru's sig says I should have faith, and dark blues are giving me 2% of 51 a pop.

I'm content with that!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know not to expect a response from Rogean, so this is for the GMs again. Sorry to bother you so much, but I'm sure you understand.

1. How exactly are pvp-specific dev decisions made, and implemented? The various devs seems to have distinctively different roles in this process, so maybe if you could walk us through the process from ideas phase to implementation that would help us better understand. Who makes the various decisions, like changing rates, and who is the person that has to actually make the changes?

2. Can we get an official word on why we're now "preferred" status? It's Rogean's (or Nilbog's? how does this work?) server and he can do what he pleases with it, but it would be nice just to get a single sentence expressing the reason here.

3. What's up with the most recent xp change? Does this mean that because everyone is so focued on Velious that the devs don't have time just yet to implement the super secret population++ plan?

Thank you
1. idk

2. See this: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144132

3. XP seems good.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. XP seems good.
Bone successfully thrown.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Be wary, friends; and always be sure to check /who constantly. You never can be too sure what's lying in wait just ahead.

Red99
Old 03-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be wary, friends; and always be sure to check /who constantly. You never can be too sure what's lying in wait just ahead.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Banned

go away
Old 03-24-2014, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bone successfully thrown.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deru's sig says I should have faith, and dark blues are giving me 2% of 51 a pop.

I'm content with that!
Don't worry bro their so many exp groups going on right now. Also 50 mobs for one level I'd take that right now.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:

3. nm xp fixed

4. Heartbrand is telling us that we're rumored to be moved to blue after they've had 3 months of Velious. This is crazy, right?

Thank you
Answers per what I have gathered via Sirken via livestream.

1. Sirken, Zade, and Ambrotos discuss changes and beg Rogean to implement them. Content changes happen via player submission thru ambrotos approval. Red server has it's very own player/content dev who rocks that shit hardcore. Rogean does not deal directly with the red server community (though he has posted once or twice here and during massive server outages, during the Sundawg event dropped us a thread)
2. They would have given it to us already if they wanted to. Naw. They are re-organizing multiple servers so R99 isn't the only one affected. Looks mostly organizational. Tin foil body armor unnecessary.
3. ... we need a lowbie pop, how the hell we do this?
4. heatbrand is better at making shit up than me

*I believe Alecta now implements actual changes/updates/fixes, but still must be blessed off on it by Rogean in order to do the work. And anything alecta does needs to be approved/turned on in game by Sirken/Ambrotos/Zade (EXP rates, resists)

**Alecta has been MIA for a bit, most likely helping with Velious. (Much needed IMO for both servers)
Last edited by Azure; 03-24-2014 at 08:59 AM..
Closed Thread