Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

I seem to remember Alecta or some other staff member saying Alecta does nothing with Velious, to the point he doesn't even have access to the code to make changes. He is PVP ONLY, and nothing else.

I think he has just had a lot of real life stuff going on. Every update he makes people rejoice, but they are few and far between. But it's a volunteer job I guess.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. How exactly are pvp-specific dev decisions made, and implemented? The various devs seems to have distinctively different roles in this process, so maybe if you could walk us through the process from ideas phase to implementation that would help us better understand. Who makes the various decisions, like changing rates?
Depends on the change. Usually its a collaboration between the CSR Staff interested in red (Sirken, Zade, myself), Nilbog, and Alecta. Nilbog and Rogean have ultimate veto power on any change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie
Who is the person that has to actually make the changes?
Again, depends on the change. Most things that are specific to the PvP server only are done by Alecta. PvP specific content changes will usually be done by Nilbog. Depending on what the change effected, Rogean can implement it by either a server reset or a new patch file.

Quote:
2. Can we get an official word on why we're now "preferred" status? It's Rogean's (or Nilbog's? how does this work?) server and he can do what he pleases with it, but it would be nice just to get a single sentence expressing the reason here.
The concurrent population on Red 99 was not high enough to justify "Legend" status, and it would be unfair to show favortism in the server list to Red 99 just because it's Nilbog and Rogean's box.

Quote:
3. nm xp fixed
Oops.

Quote:
4. Heartbrand is telling us that we're rumored to be moved to blue after they've had 3 months of Velious. This is crazy, right?
This is indeed crazy.

Quote:
Thank you
You're welcome.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks Deru, you're awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry we're so mean to you guys all the time. It's because we love this place, is all. What's the cutoff point for Legends status? I'm sure we have more unique players than those other servers...

guess we need to work on bringing the population up.

Red99
Old 03-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see how it shows favoritism to have the highest populated PVP server show up in legends. Maybe just make a 3rd section called PVP servers so we actually stand out in that crowd, might actually help pull in a player or two.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Couple things to note in that regard...

All of the other legend servers, and frankly the Preferred servers too, have people 9 boxing.

Red had a 200+ pop (Which seems to be the arbitrary threshold for Legend status) at the time of the downgrade.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sure it doesn't matter, but somehow I feel less enthusiastic about playing here since the downgrade. It feels like Rogean hates us, and wants us to die out to save him some headache.

Red99
Old 03-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

^
Old 03-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Banned

I'm p sure Alecta is working on verrious. Regardless of what the prior agreement was.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2014, 01:42 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know not to expect a response from Rogean, so this is for the GMs again. Sorry to bother you so much, but I'm sure you understand.

1. How exactly are pvp-specific dev decisions made, and implemented? The various devs seems to have distinctively different roles in this process, so maybe if you could walk us through the process from ideas phase to implementation that would help us better understand. Who makes the various decisions, like changing rates, and who is the person that has to actually make the changes?

2. Can we get an official word on why we're now "preferred" status? It's Rogean's (or Nilbog's? how does this work?) server and he can do what he pleases with it, but it would be nice just to get a single sentence expressing the reason here.

3. nm xp fixed

4. Heartbrand is telling us that we're rumored to be moved to blue after they've had 3 months of Velious. This is crazy, right?

Thank you
1) we grab whatever staff member is up in our private rotation, blindfold them, and then have them throw 3 darts at our "idea board".

2) i personally dont understand what designates a server as gold status or green status. color blindness being investigated.

3) Hi!

4) i'll put a bullet through my head if they merge red into blue. but would it really be the craziest thing thats happened?

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 03-24-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) we grab whatever staff member is up in our private rotation, blindfold them, and then have them throw 3 darts at our "idea board".

2) i personally dont understand what designates a server as gold status or green status. color blindness being investigated.

3) Hi!

4) i'll put a bullet through my head if they merge red into blue. but would it really be the craziest thing thats happened?
looking forward to this spreading paranoia through red players