Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

Default Removal of OOC issue: Calling single-player LnS and guild LnS

What if you can't see LnS being called? What is the solution? Does the dead player have to send the player who killed them a tell saying, "LnS Zone X?"

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

This is a good point to raise.

I would imagine shouting works upon zone in, maybe calling in ooc upon regional entry.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Follows the same rules as before. Use /OOC. Everybody will be on the honor system a bit here - but they always were anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Follows the same rules as before. Use /OOC. Everybody will be on the honor system a bit here - but they always were anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.
What if you're resurrected into a zone that you're not adjacent to? For example, you're bound in Kithicor and you're res'd into Karnor's. The person in Karnor's cannot see the LnS call. The person pops up and you kill them instantly, but they say they called LnS.

How does that LnS get called/enforced?
Old 04-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

the way i play it, if u say LNS is say, i grant lns, u say it in shout, i grant lns, if you spell out LNS with dropped pumices, i grant LNS.

don't be an asshole and rule lawyer this shit
Old 04-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

In a situation like this it's best if everyone uses a bit of forethought - IE, the person giving the res should let the people around him know the person is on LnS in KC.

There's obviously going to be a bit of a warning in most cases because of the yellow-text, so use that as a base-line. I'm sure there will be some screw-ups (like there always has been), so if everyone does their best to be aware of what's going on and uses their head, everything should be fine.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the way i play it, if u say LNS is say, i grant lns, u say it in shout, i grant lns, if you spell out LNS with dropped pumices, i grant LNS.

don't be an asshole and rule lawyer this shit
But there's no way to shout, say or drop pumices if you're not in the same zone is my point. There's no way to communicate now except for tells.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a situation like this it's best if everyone uses a bit of forethought - IE, the person giving the res should let the people around him know the person is on LnS in KC.

There's obviously going to be a bit of a warning in most cases because of the yellow-text, so use that as a base-line. I'm sure there will be some screw-ups (like there always has been), so if everyone does their best to be aware of what's going on and uses their head, everything should be fine.
Thanks for the clarification.

With this population of players there is always going to be a rule-lawyer who takes it to the extremes. I think eventually there will need to be concrete rules for this, because just saying "don't be an asshole" doesn't work. I guess I'm just saying that there needs to be some sort of posted rule for this exact situation or else it opens a new avenue of grief that GMs and administrators are trying to get rid of for good reason.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Retired GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the clarification.

With this population of players there is always going to be a rule-lawyer who takes it to the extremes. I think eventually there will need to be concrete rules for this, because just saying "don't be an asshole" doesn't work. I guess I'm just saying that there needs to be some sort of posted rule for this exact situation or else it opens a new avenue of grief that GMs and administrators are trying to get rid of for good reason.
It will actually be easier to spot than you think. One-off mistakes and screw-ups aren't a big deal. Person in question can apologize, guy can get his corpse, and everyone can move on. If someone is doing it habitually, they will get dealt with. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Banned

sorry derubael that makes sense... can we extend this thread with more theoretical scenarios that no one cares about LOL
Closed Thread