Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most of humanity actually still lives in the garden. life outside is insufferable for most.
Im mostly being a smartass, I do get your drift.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u do know that the price structure is built around these twisted holidays?

ur paying a tax to The Corporation by buying outside the holiday, and all you do is flatten out the curves a little and help with cash flow during the summer.

it's a pretty doofy protest

if u don't like The Corporation and its culture maybe move somewhere where the avg IQ prevents highly organized and stratified social structure from tyaking root.
Im with u 100% again that's brilliant.

Honestly, my individuality isn't even relevant. I just don't really consume much. About 800 calories a day was it? I barely used any water today and I've used the same razor for a month.

I would have to earn fun points in order to consume more calories and have the energy to do stuff.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ur paying a tax to The Corporation by buying outside the holiday, and all you do is flatten out the curves a little and help with cash flow during the summer.

if u don't like The Corporation and its culture maybe move somewhere where the avg IQ prevents highly organized and stratified social structure from tyaking root.
*claps happily*

this is exactly right and tbh, i get excited about seasonal sales (good ones around labor/Memorial Day too) because I am simply too darn tight to buy anything at less than 70% discount ^^;
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're such a turd sometimes dude *sighs* how about you loosen up and enjoy the one time a year when corporations whore themselves out to the consumer as an integral component of a perverse societal post-modern regression from a long standing seasonal tradition of giving thanks. here's to hoping the spirit of frugality bites you in the ass and you experience the joy of the $2 blueray.

*hugs*

Merry Christmas! ��
Quote:

So I choose to take one day off of shopping and avoid insane crowds, while I appreciate the things I already have and recognize how much consumerism drives me to buy things I don't need ... and therefore I should "move somewhere else" and I'm "a turd".

Nice chat.

EDIT: It's almost like you two recognize on some level that you're stuck in a hamster wheel, and your overwrought "defence" (ie. attacking me) is cognitive dissonance ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-21-2018 at 02:34 PM..
Old 11-21-2018, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im mostly being a smartass, I do get your drift.
yeppers, i know you were ^^. it was just a thought when you alluded to eden. been thinking on it some lately.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I choose to take one day off of shopping to appreciate the things I already have, and recognize how much consumerism drives me to buy things I don't need ... and therefore I should "move somewhere else" and I'm "a turd".

Nice chat.
Yeah, buying stuff we don't need isn't as good for the eco(nomic)system as saving and building or creating our own gardens or hoarding water from up stream.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
yeppers, i know you were ^^. it was just a thought when you alluded to eden. been thinking on it some lately.
Leaving the garden perhaps wasn't the wisest choice, it came about due to my rationalizations. Not sure how to get back in without pissing God off and stepping on the wrong patches of grass tho.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I choose to take one day off of shopping and avoid insane crowds, while I appreciate the things I already have and recognize how much consumerism drives me to buy things I don't need ... and therefore I should "move somewhere else" and I'm "a turd".

Nice chat.

EDIT: It's almost like you two recognize on some level that you're stuck in a hamster wheel, and your overwrought "defence" (ie. attacking me) is cognitive dissonance ...
All DNA RNA transcribing forms are stuck in a hamster wheel, repetitively copying and recycling themselves.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All DNA RNA transcribing forms are stuck in a hamster wheel, repetitively copying and recycling themselves.
On some level, touche.

But I don't agree that humans are completely powerless in the face of "isms" like consumerism. Taking a day (and in particular THE day for shopping) off, to challenge that consumerism is a very effective way to re-center yourself against it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:

Nice chat.

It's almost like you two recognize on some level that you're in a hamster wheel, and your overwrought "defence" (ie. attacking me) is cognitive dissonance ...
no, its mostly just pent up angst from consumer abstinence throughout the year. can't tell you how worth it it really is though when you blow every last drop of your responsibly apportioned disposable income at 3+x the purchasing power in a single glut. lot more satisfying than paying to change the corporate chamber lot throughout the year with nothing more than a wink and contemptuous smile.

#winning

you're not a turd either, just sometimes. You can be thankful for your stuff, butt stuff is best appreciated everyday, not just one day