Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 04-05-2022, 09:46 PM
Skeleton

Default Ranger Epic question

Hello,

I have the shiny tin bowl but haven't killed VS for the pulsing green stone yet. Can i still use the bowl and spawn Jaeil the insane and get his hammer and give it to Mairee Silentone (along with swirling sphere of color which i have) for the Hammer of the Ancients? Or will this not work if I don't have the Ancient longsword from having killed spawned VS? I haven't seen anywhere that it won't work, but i'm paranoid about doing things in the wrong order and something messing up. Ideally it'd be more convenient to get this step out of the way as it is one groupable, that way the only difficult pieces remaining would be VSR and emerald from hate. Any insight anyone could provide? Can I just get this part out of the way without having done the VSR part yet?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:50 AM
Orc

Having a ranger alt that's getting close to more "epic time" -- been working his epic bit by bit here myself. From everything I've read on the wiki -- I don't see where the bowl is tied to vsr at all. I know in the past (over many years) of VSR, all you need is the scroll / globe and he'll pop. It's a pure trigger mechanism -- we've used non-druids and non-rangers to do it and he pops everytime without issue.

Quote:
Swirling Sphere of Color + Shiny Tin Bowl = Refined Mithril Blade
Slay essence tamers in Plane of Sky and loot a Swirling Sphere of Color.
Spawn Jaeil the Insane by giving Jaeil the Wretched in The Hole Ella's Shiny Tin Bowl and slay him. Loot a Soulbound Hammer. (Turn in works on dubious faction, confirmed 1/5/22)
Speak to Mairee Silentone in Erudin Palace and give her the Soulbound Hammer, receiving a Dwarven Smithy Hammer.
Give Mairee Silentone the Dwarven Smithy Hammer and Swirling Sphere of Color, receiving Hammer of the Ancients.
Give Kinlo Strongarm the Hammer of the Ancients spawning Usbak the Old who gives you a Small bit of Mithril Ore. Don't do this part until you've done the below part and already have the Ancient Longsword from Telin. You need to hand that in to Usbak, who will despawn!
Give Kinlo Strongarm the Small bit of Mithril Ore receiving a Refined Mithril Blade.
Making Swiftwind
Hardened Mixture + Runecrested Bowl + Venril Sathir Stone = Ancient Longsword = Swiftwind
Give the Hardened Mixture and Runecrested Bowl to Ella Foodcrafter, receiving a Softly glowing stone.
Slay Venril Sathir (Spawned version only via Venril Sathir Remains) in Karnor's Castle and loot a Pulsing Green Stone.
Give Foloal Stormforest in Firiona Vie the Pulsing Green Stone and Softly Glowing Stone, receiving a Warmly Glowing Stone.
Give Telin Darkforest the Warmly Glowing Stone receiving an Ancient Longsword.
Hail Usbak the Old and give him the Ancient Longsword receiving a Refined Ancient Sword.
Give Telin Darkforest the Refined Ancient Sword spawning Faelin Bloodbriar, then give her the Refined Ancient Sword receiving Swiftwind.
If you are getting worried about that phrase of "don't do this part until you have X item, then it's a simple solution. You can spawn Jaeil in the hole, kill him, loot etc. You can do the turn in chain up to (but not completing) where you give Kinlo the Hammer of the Ancients (thus spawning Usbak). Whenever you get up to having VSR done, then do that part of the chain up till you have the Ancient Longsword. Then do the following: a) give Kinlo the hammer and receive small bit of mithril ore (from the spawned Usbak.) I presume that Usbak will spawn and you will have the item on your cursor (as if Usbak threw it to you, but another ranger epic wielder can confirm this for us). b) Bag the small bit of mithril ore, pull out the Ancient Longsword, and turn that into Usbak (causing him to despawn) and receive Refined Ancient Sword. c) Hand the small bit of ore into Kinlo getting Refined Mithril Blade in return. d) Turn in Refined Ancient Sword (from Usbak) into Telin Darkforest and get Swiftwind. e) Save the mithril blade for turn in with the Shattered Emerald from Hate for your Earthcaller epic.

Again this is how it reads to me and how I plan on doing the sequence for my ranger alt. If anyone who had a ranger and has done the epic can chime in; that would be much appreciated. Feel free to correct any mistakes I've made in this post with the correct information.
Last edited by Raistmaj; 04-06-2022 at 02:04 AM..
Old 04-29-2022, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

Default Bowl

You can hand in the tin bowl after you made the hardened mixture before killing VSR. You no longer need the bowl once that is made. The part you need to make sure you do not do before killing VSR is handing in the Hammer of the Ancients into Kinlo before having the Ancient Longsword.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:08 PM
Aviak

I will echo what others have said. You can turn in the Shiny Tin Bowl to Jaeil after you have created the Hardened Mixture before you have the PGS or SEoC. The purpose of the statement indicating caution is that after you turn in the hammer to Kinlo- the Usbak the Old that spawns will eventually despawn. So you need to be ready to turn in everything to Usbak the Old that needs to be turned in.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

so i did two quick tests. saw how far i could run in 30 seconds on a 75 agi ogre and 70 agi ogre. could not discern any difference between them.

then i switched to a level 14 troll shaman. got myself down to just under a bubble of health(~50 hp) and again ran for 30 seconds(i think i had around 60 agi) then repeated the exact same again but this time had the agility buff on, giving a starting agility of 75.

again, no discernible difference in speeds. certainly more robust testing could be done, but i'll instead file it in the big ol' book of EQ urban legends.