Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 05-30-2022, 04:46 AM
Orc

Default Earthcaller vs Swarmcaller

Well we all rangers know SEoC is selling for 200k nowadays, we have chance to pay 200000pp to MQ with a farmer who can farm PoH all day but we cannot, or we can buy another caller: the SWARMCALLER instead of Earthcaller[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For example a Lv60 ranger with max skill and 255str, data from jklein.me/eqcalc:
DPS of Swarmcaller with cof(36% haste): 56.988
Proc: Tagar's Insects
Decrease Attack Speed by 34% (L29) to 50% (L60)
Increase Disease Counter by 9

DPS of Earthcaller with Swiftwind(40% haste, didn't count +30atk):56.500
Proc:Earthcall
Decrease Attack Speed by 20% (L1) to 50% (L60)
Decrease Hitpoints by 20 per tick

The question is these two wepaon Dmg output is close, and with the same % of slow...
Is it Earthcaller will have higher proc rate??
and do we have any example of mob can only slowed by earthcaller but swarmcaller?

the difference between them is 200k to 2k, and also extremely good looking[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2022, 06:53 AM
Planar Protector

I don't have recent experience of using a swarmcaller, but when I did use one it had nothing on twin epics. There have been changes to mechanics since then, but I have a suspicion the dps calculator you used may not be representative for many situations in which these weapons would be typically used.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-30-2022, 07:41 AM
Orc

it’s just a rough comparison, twin epic has much better stat and swarmcaller has none
we usually swap to better weapon after slow procs i think
Mr. Jimjam do you remember any special mob that you can slow with epic?
Old 05-30-2022, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Iirc they are both magic based slows with no resist mod so work equally well in that regard.

If you have a spare CoF and could provide a bit of healing I could borrow I’d happily do some quick DPS tests on some 50s xp mobs, cliff golems, gwurms, ww dragons and the like to get a real feel of the difference. I’m fairly confident I have a swarmcaller squirreled away somewhere.

If you don’t have a cof we can always just use whatever paltry haste I do have to estimate the difference.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-30-2022, 10:02 AM
Orc

Nice!!!!
Wondering if swarmcaller can slow those 50s mobs, i guess earthcaller can do that
I have a cof and swarmcaller, but i can only do tiny tiny little bit of heal (rangers super greater healing), need to find a healer friend ..
Old 05-30-2022, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I have a really hard time believing that swarmcaller with a cof is the same dps as dual epics. Whether it's worth 200k or not, that depends on how deep your pockets are.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a really hard time believing that swarmcaller with a cof is the same dps as dual epics. Whether it's worth 200k or not, that depends on how deep your pockets are.
Plus the loss of attack, 2h is worth it tho if you can get good enough 2h. i use cek sword mostly vs my kriezen flame.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:44 PM
Orc

Do you think epic has higher proc rate?
i dunno how how exactly proc rate works, and no idea how to a statistics with it
base on the "feeling" of daily and soloing experience[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]soloing dogs in KC and geonids in WL, usually 8 procs which 5-6 times call of fire)
bad: OT hammer
normal: frostbringer/swarmcaller
good: call of fire

I think swarmcaller is the normal tier, do you think epic procs more?
or just compare with call of fire, are they rpocs the same?
Old 05-30-2022, 08:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus the loss of attack, 2h is worth it tho if you can get good enough 2h. i use cek sword mostly vs my kriezen flame.
after swarmcaller procs i'll swap to Meljeldin too, 2h swap to 2h is much faster than swap to dual wield
Old 05-30-2022, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogundordor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
after swarmcaller procs i'll swap to Meljeldin too, 2h swap to 2h is much faster than swap to dual wield
for general exping its not really worth the effort, the loss of dps trying to proc vs the raw dps. i rarely used earthcaller for that reason, shit always procc'd at 10% mob left and i coulda killed it already. its good niche weapon when you need slows in a team and theres no other available, bout it. id still use it over swarmcaller tho.