Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Skeleton

Default New to server

Hi all

I used to play eq many years ago first main class tbf was a beastlord.. Played a few in classic but never stuck.

Im thinking of jumping back in as it seems like there is a great community here and early days of eq remind me of my early teens!!

So my question... Unfortunatly i dont have bags of time to play so i have been looking at a class to play which is good for the casual player.. Also im from uk so i guess be alot of soloing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So was thinking druid,nec or enchanter.. Been reading a few fourms played these at low levels (many moons ago) just wanted to get some advice from people who have played them...

Also advice on starting locs would be great i remember freeport and ec.. I think ha!

Cheers guys
Old 08-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Any of those three would do just fine soloing with casual play times. Pick the one you think sounds the most fun and you're good to go.

Druids are so damn versatile as a casual class, in your shoes I think I'd try one. Sow and ports let you avoid "wasted" time travelling to new areas or to groups if you want to join them. You can root and dot and nuke stuff early on, using charm to xp becomes an option at 14 and most people say it is the best xp possible for a druid, and then you can quad also some time after that. You aren't LOVED in groups, but you fit into them quite nicely anyways, especially 1-40.

Necros and enchanters are more capable of digging down into the depths of a dungeon and taking advantage of high zone experience modifiers, but and enchanters are very desired for groups.

But yeah, any of those 3 will work just fine for you, pick the one that sounds the most fun based on reading a bit about their strategy/spells on the wiki and start playing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As far as starting locations, qeynos area has gnoll fang quest and diseased wolf/bear pelt quests that can get you some sweet xp and a fair amount of money as you level from 5-15 or so in qeynos hills and blackburrow. If you go druid you could then hit the karanas to do your charming if you wanted to. Gfay area has a lot of other players around if you want to do any grouping; before 20 especially you can find groups no matter what class you're playing. If you go necro you should (imo) be an iksar, which would mean field of bone ftw! Finally, if you start out in freeport/neriak area, EC is full of high levels who are usually happy to buff you to help you get through the early levels and maybe even help you out with some handmedown gear.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-22-2013 at 02:31 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

To add to Tecmos post: in your down time, since you are a casual player, you could also lend out ports when you reach the required level. Would net you some extra pp and you could gear up other classes you may want to try. I have never played a druid, but from everything I have read about them they are a great starter class. Mage is good too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server, if you decide to join the ranks look for one of my characters, i can float ya some plat for spells / starting gear
52 Monk Happytime
Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Skeleton

Cheers for the input and help in game guys it is very greatly appreciated once i make a char i will defo say hi!

Gonna have a look at some classes.. Druid does sound good i would like to help at later levels even if its throwing a sow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] mayb chanter.. From memory (again many years and brain cells lost!) i thought chanters struggle at low lvls?

Popped onto server once i sorted titanium out and the old char looks! Fantastic!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Banned

id roll on red if i was you
Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Skeleton

Done some reasing up thinking defo druid or chanter .. From memory tho i thought chanters struggled low end solo?

Red server as its pvp would i just end up getting killed alot by higher chars (sorry pos noob question)
Old 08-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

FIrst part, Enchanters can struggle a bit in the begining, i havent played a lowbie ench so im not much help. 2nd part, i think there is an 8 level gap where you can engage another player . So lets say you are level 1 and fresh outta the womb. A level 9 can't come up to you and start ganking. Plus i dont think anyone level 8 is interested in actual pvp until later on . I know i wouldnt be interested in ganking with my rusty dagger
52 Monk Happytime
Old 08-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Skeleton

Ahh cool!

Well thinking gonna roll druid to get started name of prie (same name used for years lol! Mayb one day il change!)

Gonna work out starting race and good to go! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] yay
Old 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Red has a huge xp bonus, and that may interest you as a casual player without a ton of time to level up, especially at 30+ when things can start to slow down.

And no, you won't be getting ganked all the time by high level players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I believe the level range changes based on your level, from 1-20 its only like 4 lvls, 20-30 is 6, 40-60 is 8? something like that.

Red has a much lower population but a global ooc channel to make up for it. Definitely a lot of fun if you can get past the drama some of the higher lvl players/guilds have.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Closed Thread