Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Skeleton

Default Gonna try a druid

Hi

Im new to eq played a few classes but i keep thinking about just going for a druid... I dont have the time i once did to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]( so thinking with ports and sow etc they seem good.

Was thinking however...

I have a few kpp anything worth looking out for twink wise..
How are druids for soloing and are they good in the average group
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

For a few kpp, you could get a nice weapon to make your early levels easier - smoldering brand would be a good choice (and is super cheap), but look around and see what you can find. 5/55 rings are always great, too. If you're planning on quadding, invest in WIS/mana gear.

Druids are good soloers because they can charm animals. They can also quad, though this is less efficient (but good if you just want to kill four monsters at once and then sit and med for ten minutes). Grouping, they have their definite benefits (snare and DS, as well as some healing), but are not necessarily the best class for a big group. They can be good in small groups, e.g. duoing with a rogue (you hold aggro and snare, the rogue runs after and backstabs, no one takes damage, you barely use any mana).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Kobold

They solo fine. Kite stuff. They aren't real useful in groups after lower levels as their heals fall behind pretty quick.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Assuming you reach 49+ for that stage of the game, you will really, really wish you had maxed out Defense for your role in groups you can get into. On top of healing, it's likely that if your group has no CC that you'll be asked to root park stuff. Happens somewhat often in places like Karnor's, and that means your druid is gonna get beat on while parking 2-3 things in corners.

I'd suggest getting some dirt cheap high AC druid wearable items and raise that Defense at low levels where it's still safe to do so. Bark shield or Chitin Shell shield, thick leather apron or straw spun belt, Lumberjack's cap for sure, drolvarg mantle... Just stuff that is cheap as hell but with a Banded AC or better so you'd toss it on an alt later and not feel bad buying them.

Springwood club is really sweet too.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Aviak

I rolled a druid for ports, as a means to make money for classes i'd rather play. (Rogue/SK) I have been kind of surprised how hard it is to find a group as a Druid. I am lvl 25 now, have essentially soloed every level, except for a killer duo session with a mage that got me from 23-25 in about 2 hours.

Druids aren't great in large groups, in the right duo scenario they are awesome. Charm killing is fast XP, the ability to port all over the place is awesome if you are lazy like me :-)
Old 09-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Most people park a Druid after level 46ish. 54 is the top a lot of people ever take one. They just become pretty useless in groups high level. Not really easy to solo at high levels. 10% hit for dying sucks at that level. And you sort of get burned out porting. But a great class to make some good plat on porting lower levels.
Closed Thread