Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 09:09 PM
Aviak

Default Monk shackle quests

Are these even worth it? I've spent over 10 hours killing the fingered skeleton and still need one more finger. Seems excessive for the third shackle in the series.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Iksar monks get terrible optios for bracers, but even then I don't think it is worth the time to get these. Just pickup a couple of Golden Jaded Bracelets till you find better stuff like Shiverback or Hardened Clay Bracelet
Old 03-18-2021, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyxxl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are these even worth it? I've spent over 10 hours killing the fingered skeleton and still need one more finger. Seems excessive for the third shackle in the series.
For sure not worth it, get a couple easy ones in EC like tar goo strands and seahorse spine. Those will hold you over just fine until you can start going to scout roles or getting thurg or ss velious quest armor.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Appreciate it. I'm level 46 so looking at doing the Thurg bracers
Old 03-18-2021, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

I did it on my monk just because I enjoyed the quest-line and lore. Having said that, no the stats are pretty terrible for the work required to receive the final shackle.

I wish they had released the actual good shackle before Luclin so it’d be available here, but alas.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-18-2021, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did it on my monk just because I enjoyed the quest-line and lore. Having said that, no the stats are pretty terrible for the work required to receive the final shackle.

I wish they had released the actual good shackle before Luclin so it’d be available here, but alas.

The respawn on the fingered skeleton for a 4 AC bracelet was absurd. And then maybe he will drop the right finger.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Just going up to the shackle of stone is pretty easy, and it looks cool.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:49 PM
Aviak

You can do the Shackle of Bronze (6ac, 5mr, .2wt) quest without doing the previous ones (in particular the annoying Shackle of Rock).
Closed Thread