Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the symbol for the medical association? I’ll give you a hint it involves a serpent. I mean you literally cannot make this shit up. God has a pretty great sense of humor.
I mean, it's Greek so you mean "the gods," right? Do you prefer the traditional 1 snek Rod of Asclepius associated with shedding skin and healing or the 2 snek mistake made by the US Army Medical Corps associated with Hermes, god of merchants and thieves?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus
Last edited by Cecily; 05-04-2021 at 08:07 PM..
Old 05-04-2021, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What will be the vast majority of G13's posts from now on?
I'm not asking for a link to a Noam Chomsky interview

I'm asking where the vast majority of Covid infections have taken place

You're beclowning yourself with your responses
Old 05-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamebob27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just answer his question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did, but he's waiting for me to answer the question directly because gotcha journalism has bled into everyday conversations.
Planar Protector

in a twist the mnra strands cure autism
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not asking for a link to a Noam Chomsky interview

I'm asking where the vast majority of Covid infections have taken place

You're beclowning yourself with your responses
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_fool
Old 05-04-2021, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I did, but he's waiting for me to answer the question directly because gotcha journalism has bled into everyday conversations.
I don't wanna click the link I'd rather just read it on the forum in text. I'm also curious on where this place is.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:11 PM
Banned

so about the majority of infections question…?
curious to hear an answer from our arm chair news linkers
Old 05-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so about the majority of infections question…?
curious to hear an answer from our arm chair news linkers
Earth
Old 05-04-2021, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.tiktok.com/@__vicepresid...18017591346693
Old 05-04-2021, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamebob27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't wanna click the link I'd rather just read it on the forum in text. I'm also curious on where this place is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa..._pandemic_data

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The numbers are more or less the same as the previous link, which places the US at number one. Both sites place China much lower at around 90,000 cases, however...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...mainland_China

Quote:
Alleged undercounting of cases and deaths
On 1 April, two United States officials said that China had deliberately concealed its cases and deaths according to a report by United States Intelligence Community. The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret, and declined to detail its contents.[370][371] The sources stated that the Chinese central government does not know the extent of the outbreak because lower-level officials reported falsified statistics to avoid losing their positions. The CIA is currently investigating in China to assess the coronavirus totals.[372]

During the pandemic, no reports of cases of the coronavirus in Xinjiang prisons or of conditions in the Xinjiang re-education camps emerged.[215] Anna Hayes of Australia's James Cook University expressed concern about possible spread in the camps.[373]

As of late March, users of the social-media site Sina Weibo widely shared an undated photograph showing long lines at the Hankou funeral home in Wuhan.[374] According to Caixin Global, the Hankou funeral home was operating 19 hours a day.[375] Caixin also reported that there were a number of people who died with COVID-19 symptoms but were not tested and were thus excluded from the official case-tally. Some patients died of other diseases due to a lack of proper treatment when hospitals were overwhelmed dealing with those who had the coronavirus.[376] Some social-media users have used the numbers of urns returned to families and the number of cremations conducted in Wuhan to estimate a death toll in Wuhan of about 42,000 or 46,800, compared to an official toll of 2,548 people attributed to the virus in Wuhan as of 27 March.[375] There were 13,856 cremations in Wuhan in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to Bloomberg calculations based on data from the city's civil-affairs agency. That was 2,419 lower than in the fourth quarter of 2018.[376]

Health experts, United States intelligence officials, British scientists, and British government officials have expressed doubts about the accuracy of the figures provided by the Chinese government relating to the epidemic, raising concerns that the Beijing government has deliberately under-reported the extent of infections and deaths.[377][42][43][44] Chinese Premier Li Keqiang reported on 24 March 2020 that the spread of domestically transmitted epidemic has essentially stopped and the outbreak has been controlled in China.[378][weasel words][379][380][381]

Asymptomatic cases (people who tested positive but did not develop symptoms) were not counted as confirmed cases before 1 March.[382][383]

On 17 April 2020 the Wuhan government revised the number of COVID-19 deaths, accounting for deaths that occurred at home that went previously unreported, as well as for the subtraction of deaths that were previously double-counted[384] by different hospitals, resulting in a net increase of 1,290 reported deaths in the city.[4]

Blood samples taken by the Chinese CDC from a random sampling of 34,000 Wuhan citizens one month after the virus first wave was contained showed 4.43% of people had antibodies which would equate to almost 500,000 infections. In the wider Hubei area 0.44% of those sampled were positive for antibodies, while of 12,000 nationally representative samples taken only two recorded positive results.[385]
Last edited by Ennewi; 05-04-2021 at 08:47 PM..
Closed Thread