Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what about Scout? has anyone got ideas for new rules? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you're joking, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make it so the list doesn't have an order: anyone can join, and when the camp frees up everyone on the list has a random chance to be next.
This, except the camp "frees up" ___ hours before Scout spawn, and requires the player to be in a full group in order to /list (with "a full group" being the closest easy-to-measure approximation of "I brought a raid force").

We can never go back to how it was on live, but this would be a lot closer. Instead of being a "loot lottery" Scout would go back to being a top-end Velious encounter where (just like on live, and just as with every other similar Velious quest, eg. Spirit of Garzicor, 8th/10th Rings, Giant/Dragon armor, etc.) you need to have/bring your friends.

P.S. Now don't misunderstand: I love the current "community works together" system on Blue, and I really think it shows the player base at its best. But at the end of the day, the point of this place is in the upper-left corner of the screen ... and loot lotteries for any soloer who shows up simply were not how the game was (classically).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-06-2021 at 10:34 AM..
Old 05-06-2021, 12:44 PM
Banned

entire server guild
Old 05-07-2021, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holgresh Elder Beads

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really doubt they will list beads. There are so many PH for the elder i dont see how it will be possible. But it will def be like the manastone camp with people sitting there for 7 days straight. Gonna be ugly!
Old 05-07-2021, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care, as long as they fix /list to be classic.

Classic GMs slept! They didn't maintain lists for days at a time, and the very idea of "sit here long enough and you get guaranteed pixels" is antithetical to everything else in Classic EQ.

And this wouldn't be a difficult fix: just bring back the randomness (which has always been a part of classic EQ). Make it so the list doesn't have an order: anyone can join, and when the camp frees up everyone on the list has a random chance to be next. Simple and classic ... or at least, as classic as we can get without paid GMs.
Not fully accurate. GMs were staffed around the clock. GMs may have not worked as many night shifts if they greatly preferred day shifts but there were at least a few GMs on every night shift.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Banned

did they work for free?
Old 05-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did they work for free?
This is a “whoosh” moment for me because the joke you’re trying to make is going right over my head lol
Old 05-09-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not fully accurate. GMs were staffed around the clock. GMs may have not worked as many night shifts if they greatly preferred day shifts but there were at least a few GMs on every night shift.
I think maybe you're confusing guides (players helping the staff) with GMs (paid Verant staff). I really don't think there were 24/7 GMs on every server (live had a lot of servers) ... but if no one can find evidence I can call up my cousin and check [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (She was a SWG GM and dated the Bertox GM.)

But regardless, the point is that while GMs did maintain lists (we know as much from the GM handbook), they didn't maintain them for 8+ hours. On live there was never even a line that lasted 24 hours, let alone for days at a time. That aspect of /list here simply isn't classic.

(But again, the core idea ... of making people wait in short queues ... absolutely was, and I think the staff's decision to use "automated GMing" to make up for our lack of paid GMs was an excellent decision. I'm not anti /list, I just want a more classic /list 2.0.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-09-2021 at 02:14 PM..
Old 05-09-2021, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think maybe you're confusing guides (players helping the staff) with GMs (paid Verant staff). I really don't think there were 24/7 GMs on every server (live had a lot of servers) ... but if no one can find evidence I can call up my cousin and check [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (She was a SWG GM and dated the Bertox GM.)

But regardless, the point is that while GMs did maintain lists (we know as much from the GM handbook), they didn't maintain them for 8+ hours. On live there was never even a line that lasted 24 hours, let alone for days at a time. That aspect of /list here simply isn't classic.

(But again, the core idea ... of making people wait in short queues ... absolutely was, and I think the staff's decision to use "automated GMing" to make up for our lack of paid GMs was an excellent decision. I'm not anti /list, I just want a more classic /list 2.0.)
I’m not confusing them with guides. I was CSR in era. There were night shift GMs, just not as many as day shift GMs. Guides helped to monitor the lists as well although they werent as heavily monitored as you seem to be stating they were.

Also many GMs covered more than just one server so it’s not like they were a dedicated night shift GM for that server
Closed Thread