Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 05:01 AM
Kobold

Default How's the raid scene nowadays?

I got so burnt out after Kunark launch I took a break for a bit a about a few weeks, then the whole Seal Team drama hit.

How's the endgame going on Green? Who are the dominant guilds now? Who are the casual raiders? Do said casual raiders get boss kills at all nowadays or is it still a one guild show?

From what I recall Kunark launch was a clusterfuck because ST poopsocked so hard they didn't even leave scraps for the rest of the playerbase who have lives and jobs but I hope the replies are as detached from emotion as possible.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 05-08-2021, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got so burnt out after Kunark launch I took a break for a bit a about a few weeks, then the whole Seal Team drama hit.

How's the endgame going on Green? Who are the dominant guilds now? Who are the casual raiders? Do said casual raiders get boss kills at all nowadays or is it still a one guild show?

From what I recall Kunark launch was a clusterfuck because ST poopsocked so hard they didn't even leave scraps for the rest of the playerbase who have lives and jobs but I hope the replies are as detached from emotion as possible.
Seal Team and Kingdom are top two raid guilds. ST still only guild to clear VP, those two have been pretty neck and neck lately with each winning races. Kingdom has positioned themselves well to compete with ST moving forward into Velious by merging with CI. Venerate, Black Lotus are probably the next tier down and a bit more casual, seems like they maybe get 1 kill a week or every other week when they team up. Those two should just merge already. Castle, Safe Space, Fires of Heaven and Gathered Might the next tier down and try and get kills sometimes they do. I believe Castle/Safe Space had a joint Fay kill yesterday.

Your last paragraph is still pretty accurate ST still poop socks hard and will have 60+ people log in at 3am to kill something that spawns.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:41 PM
Orc

The raid scene is disappointing to say the least. Most of my family and friends have quit because of it.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

There's bag limits now. Everything outside of VP has a rule that if you kill a raid mob two spawns in a row you sit out the next spawn and don't contest it.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Seal Team and Kingdom don't actually want to compete with each other though. In fact Kingdom is scared shitless of it and avoid it at all costs.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-08-2021, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

It's exactly the same as P99 has been for the last 10 years - 1 guild dominating, 1 guild eating scraps, and the rest of the server bitching on the forums about how they have lives and raiders are mentally ill basement dwellers.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 05-08-2021 at 09:32 PM..
Old 05-08-2021, 10:18 PM
Aviak

Bag limits benefited only 1 guild which was Kingdom. Bag limits is useless for the rest of the server. However it did make the competition between ST and Kingdom more interesting since Kingdom is much more engaged in the raid scene now. Black Lotus picks up 1 target every few weeks and that’s about it. Venerate seems to be fading quickly and every other guild is far behind but that’s OK because they are casual guilds and not trying to compete with ST/Kingdom. If you are interested in the raid scene and based on your comments I do suggest Kingdom as an option.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:00 PM
Banned

shit
Old 05-08-2021, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's exactly the same as P99 has been for the last 10 years - 1 guild dominating, 1 guild eating scraps, and the rest of the server bitching on the forums about how they have lives and raiders are mentally ill basement dwellers.
this is actually very accurate lol
Old 05-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seal Team and Kingdom don't actually want to compete with each other though. In fact Kingdom is scared shitless of it and avoid it at all costs.
Pretty inaccurate, Kingdom and ST have showed healthy competition last few cycles and especially on the 3 day Trakanons as of late. Both appear to compete heads up for prime targets and not pick targets based on bag limits.

BL/Ven on the other hand actively set their raid targets based solely on what ST is bagged on during a week... and then break major server rules to down the dragon knowing they can just concede the next two weeks they were not going to compete for anyways.
Closed Thread