Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait are mage pets actually lower dps than necro pets now? There’s no way that’s classic if so
The very first post on this page makes that exact same observation about necro vs mage DPS. Namely that necro might be better. Mages still have the most solid tanking pets though. And I'm pretty sure the backstabbing water pet is better than this guy makes out.

http://web.archive.org/web/200107112...n:+Water&type=

It's also another reference for mage pets only hitting in the high 50s or 60.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Mage pet's proc's are better than necro pet proc.
Let's not compare the backstab necro pet to non-backstab elemental pets.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:29 AM
Aviak

that post states the mage was 55, so he was using vocaration:water, not the newly nerfed greater voceration.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The very first post on this page makes that exact same observation about necro vs mage DPS. Namely that necro might be better. Mages still have the most solid tanking pets though. And I'm pretty sure the backstabbing water pet is better than this guy makes out.

Well, I'm confused,

That ninja nerf happened because mage pets were perceived as too powerful, and so their offensive effectiveness has been reduced by about 15%, but necro pets which are about as good (rog pets for exemple) stay as they were and it's OK with everyone?

So let me get this straight

Mages + strong pets - > no no no
Necros with strong pets - > yes yes yes

Have anyone of you that keep repeating that myth that mage pets are so good at tanking ever played a mage post 55?

Ever tried to tank some trash in the Hole, kedge, DN, Kael, Seb, KC basement, SG, WW with such a pet? It'll get ripped a new one in a matter of seconds

Stop spreading some irrational hate because you've heard guildees or random dudes say that pets are all powerful, cause a huge amount of push or whatever BS you can think of

Find another scape goat please
Old 05-09-2021, 04:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They could have buffed the pets instead and you'd still end up primarily a vending machine and coth bot in Velious. Sorry your reign of cheese strats is coming to an end on green, now go summon some rods or park on poop mtn like a good boy.
Good news for you,

Here's your mod rod. I've got plenty more for you when this once is down your throat or up yours

https://images.app.goo.gl/MUBYBNwsw7exRttf8

But I also have bad news

If you want to get to Trak, no CotH for you bitch, enjoy going there on your own and the ensuing CR. I'll be wating on poop hill
Old 05-09-2021, 06:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that post states the mage was 55, so he was using vocaration:water, not the newly nerfed greater voceration.
But that doesn't fit in with their narrative so lets just ignore that part, ok pal?!?!
Old 05-09-2021, 06:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Obviously reading comprehension is hard but that says they are both level 55. So can you point us to this evidence or is that shitty incomplete table the only thing you championed behind for this unclassic change.
Necro pets have never out dps'd mage pets. Sorry to burst your bubble. Maybe reroll a mage instead of lawyer-questing if you were unhappy.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

I guess the question is, should something that's provably non-classic be kept because a lot of people have become accustomed to it? In this project the answer to that has traditionally been no.

If you have evidence that this isn't the way things were in 2001 then head off to the bug forums and provide it.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously reading comprehension is hard but that says they are both level 55. So can you point us to this evidence or is that shitty incomplete table the only thing you championed behind for this unclassic change.
Necro pets have never out dps'd mage pets. Sorry to burst your bubble. Maybe reroll a mage instead of lawyer-questing if you were unhappy.
I don't know why I'm bothering, but from another post at that same Everlore link:

Quote:
And yes, quad hit means four hits for the normal damage, so if your pets max was 60 (Greater Vocerates, or the Earth Vocerate with a mastery staff...)
If you feel necros and mages are unbalanced then the time to raise your concerns was 20 years ago mate.
Last edited by Dolalin; 05-09-2021 at 07:05 AM..
Old 05-09-2021, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Another one, which also proves that these pets were buffed in Luclin and hitting for 70ish wasn't in era:

Quote:
8/14/02

Subject: Stealth fix to GV:A

The damage upgrades to the greater Vocarate
pets that occurred awhile back skipped over
the 59 air pet (up to that point, the best
group pet a mage had for their run through
59).

The last patch upped it's max damage to 68,
bringing it in line with the max damage of
the 60 water pet.

Happy happy, joy joy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.game...m/WosAQoGwjEAJ
Closed Thread