Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Zaar was the GL of Triton. I still remember being like level 9 in North Ro and seeing him chillin with Brunar Rankin. Triton had A+ site updates for sure, I was in awe of that guild. But then again I was like 13 or 14.

Kolored on Red.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Aviak

There were several guilds of note i.e AL, IV, Da'Kor, but FoH was the top during their prime. They where the server firsts in everything pre-luclin for the most part.

I believe the issues really turned bad when the game developers let these guilds have to much say on what needs to be fixed and changed. They got exclusive beta testing of the new content/expansions along EQ2.

If I remember correctly they got exclusive beta invites to SWG,WoW and a couple of other games around that time.

If you truly want to know who the top guilds of the past were. Check out the loot pictures on Allakahzam for Planes, VP, Sleepers, Vulak loots.. FoH or AL on pretty much all of them..
Old 07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They where the server firsts in everything pre-luclin for the most part.
Server first is big, world first is much larger...
http://www.afterlifeguild.org/templa...ndex_jun_dec00
Quote:
Hoshkar & His Drops
Yes, we finally did it: Hoshkar, the mightiest dragon so far encountered in Veeshan's Peak, is dead. This is the first Hoshkar slaying on ANY server. Loot included a Shissar Apothic Staff, Shissar Elemental Staff, and a Veridix's Short Sword. For more pictures of the dragon, click here.

Xygoz & Druushk Slain!
Two more mighty beasts of Veeshan's Peak fell tonight at the hands of Afterlife. This was also the first time on any server the dragon Xygoz has been killed!

Afterlife completes the first Singing Short Sword (Bard FA)! Full info here.

Druid Epic Weapon Discovered!
Sobe Silvertree of Guild Afterlife was the first player across all servers to finish the Druid FA quest. Congratulations Sobe!

Derakor the Vindicator is Slain!
First killing anywhere of this new Velious mob located in the zone of Kael Drakken.
And it keeps going. FoH had EQ-firsts, but by no means were they utterly dominating their competition.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to xnolanx Send a message via Yahoo to xnolanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brotherhood of the Spider

Cats in Hats

Couple more top end guilds.
BoTS was a name I haven't heard in a long time.. I played on The Rathe server.. Thuudd's Wrecking Crew was a big one on there, too.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Furor wasn't a bad guy really. He just knew what he wanted and demanded a lot from people. If you were not in his guild he generally did not care for you at all but people in the guild he treated well as long as you were doing your job. He defended people in the guild though all the time.

Kalaran (Rogue) was the first lvl 50 in all of EQ. I (Elderan, Ranger) was the first level 60. He eventually switched to Kartak an ogre warrior for raids. This was later replaced by Furor a human warrior.

I know the guild pretty well as I was in the guild early on and an officer until I quit before shadow of luclin.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

At least they had a cool name for their guild. No offense, but the top p99 guild names are lame as hell.

Don't know shit about them otherwise.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't recognize any of the names, so I think it was just started by some ex-FoH scrub members. Most of the people in that guild were talentless assholes.
Classic EQ was never much about talent, if we want to be realistic, its about dedication, organization and sheer numbers.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

P1999 is far more about sheer numbers than classic EQ was.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is everyone forgetting about the infamous exploiters known as Conquest? Clever use of mechanics I say.
They were a force, but were gone from the game too quickly for most to recognize as an elite guild (outside of the Lanys T'Vyl server).

They made a comeback in PoP, even got the original characters that were banned reinstated. I apped/raided with their comeback crew, and burned out very quickly. Definitely a hardcore bunch.

I believe they went on to be some kind of world-first-getting guild in DAoC.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Elderan is right, Furor was an awesome GL, just had to knew him. I was with foh also, first shaman to 50 on live (Raganork) than switched to my warrior (Strifei) for kunark, what a blast that was!
Closed Thread