Mage
Old 05-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Kobold

+1 barbarian shaman
+1 druid
-1 to any level 60 considerations
Old 05-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Shaman is a great choice, its what I picked for my first character and I have absolutely no regrets on that, incredibly powerful and self-sufficient class that can do basically a bit of everything. Shaman is the true "jack of all trades" class.

Mage is also a great choice, however I hated having to "make" my spells past level 30 or so, finding the words/runes/etc for research puts me personally off casters in general, but Mage has this the hardest IMO, needing some of everything, not JUST runes or words. The only pure caster I'd probably ever make is Enchanter, the benefits are worth having to hunt for research.

Druids are also good, similar to Shaman in play style and power level. Similar but different.

Necromancer is the most powerful solo class IMO, and is a great choice for new players wanting something casual to play once in awhile as they have basically no dependence on grouping at all. From how it sounds like you'll wanna play, this is probably the best choice. You still have the issue with research here, but Necro only needs 1 type, so its not AS BAD.

Overall I'd avoid any Evil Races on your first character, it makes the game much harder in general, especially for a new player. Play Evil once you've gathered a bit more game experience and know what to expect with them when traveling the world (basically, 80% of the world wants you dead on sight)...this is ESPECIALLY hard on Iksar. Now if you plan to never leave Kunark with your Iksar, go for it, you can 1-60 and never leave the Island, but if you want to explore, pick a "Good" race.

Barbarian Shaman, Human Necro, Gnome Necro, Erudite Necro, High Elf Mage. Also avoid the evil gods, especially with Erudite or you might be murdered in your own city.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Kobold

Roll a wood elf druid and start in Kelethin. You'll soon get a decent weapon from a skeleton (spintering club, cracked staff, or rusty scimitar (sharpen the scimitar with a sharpening stone)).

Greater Faydark will offer tons of adventure for you, eventually you will gain access to Crushbone, and the belts there will lead to a journey to Kaladim once you are strong enough. Turn in the belts to get great XP and leather armor.

Then.... Norrath is yours to explore.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Iksar Necromancer, good starting area, group with other low level iksars, turn in those scaled wolf hides for some curscale armor and do your helm quests. Have fun in field of bone and kurns tower
Old 05-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Reason necro is so nice for soloing is it's so self suffficient. It also has so many different ways to kill mobs... Fear kite, aggro kite, charm undead, it's really endless what a necro can do solo or in groups.

It has lifetaps which do fair damage, it has a nice pet for added damage, it has nukes, it has FD, it has powerful dots, it has snares, it has mez, it has roots all great for soloing.

If you want to group, you can heal players, you can give them mana, you can do CC, it's just a very well rounded class.

It's not complicated, in fact honestly I grow bored on necro simply because the killing is so easy when you solo. It's truly that easy, of course I geared my necro very well so being ungeared would add some challenge to the class, which might be a good thing tbh.

If you try a necro, the regen Iksar get really is quite useful especially once you higher level. Even as a non-iksar, necros still do more than well in the killing/soloing department.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Banned

Druid -> Kelethin, best starting experience imo. Gray has a large population and people pay 3p per CB belt making saving money no problem. You can either solo sisters in pay or group after 14 ish
Old 05-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Kobold

If you decide to roll a character that does any kind of meleeing but isn't necessarily a tank, I recommend spending some early plat on a pair of AC5 HP55 rings for your fingers. You will be a god.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Kobold

enchanter * cleric if you want easy mode go High elf hard mode go Dark elf

https://www.twitch.tv/p99_dude

F@$k it, Dude, let's go bowling
Old 05-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Necro, mage, druid, shaman
Closed Thread