Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Default Treants. Worth the faction hit?

I'm a 25 barbarian shaman who's very happily soloing the karanas. Treants keep running past me and I know the exp and $ is excellent from them. Am I okay at druid rings if I just kill a few? Can I camp them and regain the faction somehow? Opinions please.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

There's probably a way to fix it (there usually is in EQ), but it's probably a giant pain (because faction usually is in EQ). I wouldn't recommend it.

Not everyone will agree with this, but from about 25 to 40 I really don't think you need any more plat than you get from killing aviaks or centaurs or whatever. That should be enough to cover your spells, and when you get higher you'll be able to earn plat way faster killing hill giants (or, in a few levels after, Seafury Cyclops or various nameds that drop rare items). In between just wear whatever mobs drop because you're a shaman, and we're awesome and don't need special gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TLDR: Either focus on leveling now and earn plat later when you can do so much faster, or kill treants now, get a bit more plat you don't need, and have to deal with attacks at druid rings or some painful faction work.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Thanks, man. I was sad to see a RnF about you, but happy it resulted in the silver lining of your new avi.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

LOL thanks but don't worry about RnF, it's all in good fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Glad I could help though.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambiant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, man. I was sad to see a RnF about you, but happy it resulted in the silver lining of your new avi.
Sad? SAD???

Dude, he has finally made it!

When someone places your name in the halls of RnF, you have finally been accepted by the truest of the forumquesters!

It's not something to be sad about, it's something to be celebrated!

Grats Loramin, you finally have made it!
Old 05-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad? SAD???

Dude, he has finally made it!

When someone places your name in the halls of RnF, you have finally been accepted by the truest of the forumquesters!

It's not something to be sad about, it's something to be celebrated!

Grats Loramin, you finally have made it!
Woot! I always thought the high points of my life would be graduating college and getting my book published, but now I've truly hit the pinnacle! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks Lhance.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:24 AM
Aviak

You can fix the faction by killing ukempt druids. Is the faction hit worth the cash imo yes. It just makes u cause to druids not the vendors at drudi rings. You just need to invis before gettign a port [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

or once your 50+ don't worry about invising [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I never do on my monk lol
Closed Thread