Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Default New Player Considering Joining

I've been googling quite a bit in search of a classic EQ server, and stumbled upon Project 1999. In all honesty I was looking for a server that could take me back to the days when level 24 was max and the old UI was kind of a pain in the rear, but I understand most people didn't really care for it. I'm giving serious consideration to joining this server, but have a few questions.

1. How difficult is this to set up? I am not the most technologically advanced. (And that's putting it politely)
2. I saw a thread about someone stealing stuff... I don't remember that being part of the game? Or is he just trolling?
3. Is this a pvp sever?
4. Is there a way to use the old UI?
5. What time does the server come down for maintenence? What time zone is it based out of?

I'm sure I have many other questions... but I'll keep browsing the forums to try and find the answers I need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

1) easy
2) very rare but it happens just like it did in 1999
3) nope
4) I think so, check the FAQ

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

5) There is no regular maintenence

You should check it out, this server has blown away all my expectations.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 02-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Sounds great, I look forward to giving it a shot when I get home tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Orc

i just recently started too and here is some beginner's advice. Don't try to start your char near freeport - sure it'll be safer and easier to beg for buffs in EC tunnel but finding scraps of mobs to kill will be annoying.

If you're like me and don't feel like begging every 10 minutes for refreshes you should try starting in Gfay. There are plenty of other "fresh starters" there to group with and a lot of orcs that need killing. Butcherblock is a safe distance from Kelethin. GROUP GROUP GROUP! The exp goes much faster here when you group up - at least it seems like it.

And it'll be slow - so play with that mindset and don't expect to be lvl 10 by the end of your first day, unless you do some serious poopsocking.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaddei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just recently started too and here is some beginner's advice. Don't try to start your char near freeport - sure it'll be safer and easier to beg for buffs in EC tunnel but finding scraps of mobs to kill will be annoying.

If you're like me and don't feel like begging every 10 minutes for refreshes you should try starting in Gfay. There are plenty of other "fresh starters" there to group with and a lot of orcs that need killing. Butcherblock is a safe distance from Kelethin. GROUP GROUP GROUP! The exp goes much faster here when you group up - at least it seems like it.

And it'll be slow - so play with that mindset and don't expect to be lvl 10 by the end of your first day, unless you do some serious poopsocking.
Go to EC. Beg for 50pp. Port to Gfay. Buy CB Belts/pads. Ding,ding,ding,ding,ding....PROFIT!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to EC. Beg for 50pp. Port to Gfay. Buy CB Belts/pads. Ding,ding,ding,ding,ding....PROFIT!

This. Can easily get to level 6/7/8 or higher with enough cb belts/pads. Turn them into canloe nusback in kaladim. He also gives some minor coin and a piece of tattered armor.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Regarding UIs check this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11949

tho the links seem broke atm i hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Great server. You're going to love it here.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Large Rat

This server is a great nestalgia blast, you won't be sad to have at least tried it.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

You will love it here, it has been nothing but a blast! Playing into week 3 now and still having a great time and also found a great guild to join up with.

However to forums can be really really bad, but I have yet to see that in game.
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Closed Thread