Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Banned

Red face WoW ClasSiC [2019] DiScuSs

ME baReLy haV tiMe for EVERQUEST but, ME curiouS ToO knO hoWW WoW ClasSiC [2019] turN ouT?!!

GuEsS mE aSkin fOre elF oPinIonS PLS?!!
Old 08-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2019, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some servers have a 25k player que and a wait time of 300+ Minutes

some dude is going to hit 60 today apparently he said and has 100k streamers.
9th degree black belt virginity

over 9000
Old 08-29-2019, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Im having fun. Queues were a little insane the first and second day but I think with the new servers launched it's ironing itself out.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Wait in a 5 hour queue for a game you pay for every month...

GG blizzard
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

The more popular servers had pretty bad queue's. The less popular ones were in the 2-3k range.

I didn't play WoW until about 2007 when the starting areas were ghost towns. This is a much more pleasurable experience.

The players diving in and out of groups solely to get "their" part of whatever quest they are working on is highly annoying after exp groups in EQ lasting for hours as opposed to minutes in WoW. This is going to make it hard to build any type of community in the early game.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-29-2019, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The players diving in and out of groups solely to get "their" part of whatever quest they are working on is highly annoying after exp groups in EQ lasting for hours as opposed to minutes in WoW. This is going to make it hard to build any type of community in the early game.
So it begins again..
Old 08-29-2019, 11:52 PM
Banned

someone named "wet nappy chan" is streaming this with 15k viewers

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

I finally rolled on Smolderweb as there's no queue and it appears to run with medium load off hours, high load during pacific prime time. I also tried out Deviate Delight but the lower pop is an issue and there's server side latency preventing me from chaining spells properly and having a longer looting / selling delay. I'm not having that problem being a CA resident playing on a pacific time server.

Meh, it's fun. It's real classic, with all of the NPC's doing the proper scripted actions that most Mang0s based private servers couldn't get right. Like the tauren warrior circle duel in Bloodhoof village or any of the orc children related scripting in Barrens. I do have a few Macro discoveries to relate though, if anyone is curious and playing the game.

On Mang0s based private servers using the Supermacro addon you could set up a HUGE amount of conditional macros that could do 2, 3, or even 4 things in proper sequence with the press of a button. Classic retail doesn't allow for this. The intent that's coded in is that one button will only ever do one thing, or one of two different things with some limited conditions. A condition of "if ability A is not on cooldown, do A - else do ability B" was not allowed, but here's the fix.

#showtooltip
/dismount
/castsequence Overpower
/cast Heroic Strike

The above macro will dismount you if necessary and then send 2 cast commands at the server at the same time, read in order of the lines - Overpower received to be performed first, and Heroic Strike. The game will attempt to Overpower first and then skip to Heroic Strike instead with one button press. As you can imagine, this is incredibly useful for warrior PvE leveling / grinding.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:21 PM
Orc

Relatively early in wow I didn't have much brain power; so I hated it. but it would be interesting to see what it would be like to play it again. Ive played modern wow a bit and it isent that bad. Still seems like a McVideogame to me a bit.
Closed Thread