Old 10-11-2020, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

The Usual Suspects
The Departed
Army of Darkness
Old 10-12-2020, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"... As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in unison... and were silenced"
Not billions, not tens of millions, not even a few (3-9), just million(s)at most two.

Also, ask yourself this. If the empire was not struck first, could they strike back ??
Old 10-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Schindler's List 1993
Full Metal Jacket 1987
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-12-2020 at 10:35 AM..
Old 10-12-2020, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wages_of_Fear

Desperate men hungry for money transport nitroglycerine on trucks up mountain roads with explosive results.

The movie itself is awesome. The tension and the horror are delivered in exact measurements and the acting is excellent. Everything else is tits; locations, cinematography, sound, direction...it's a classic all around.

But the really great thing about this movie is how it makes you think about what men are willing to do just to survive, to get by, to try to make a fresh start. They are willing to risk it all.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:28 AM
Banned

just watch every single 80s movie
Old 10-12-2020, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I would like to add Wind River to the list. Not as good as some of the classics, but one of the better movies of the past 5 years.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i prefer the singing scene : )

you been counting money all your life
The singing is part of that scene, just right after the Indianapolis story/whale sounds.
I was trying to find a youtube clip with the scars + USS Indianapolis + singing but couldn't.

The shark then starts ramming the boat. Suspense runs the last 30 min straight... has you on the edge of your seat. Movie is so damn good.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The chilling part is that this scene basically reflects what was public knowledge (and the official Navy account) during the 1970's. Later on thanks to declassified information it came out that the U.S.S. Indianapolis did in fact send a distress transmission which was heard by several Navy outposts--none of which bothered reporting it up the chain of command due to various levels of incompetence. Rather than admit to widespread and systemic ineptitude, the Navy instead classified the details, made up a false story for the public, and threw the Indianapolis's captain under the bus.

Danth
There is some amazing history around that story. That is what is so beautiful about that Jaws scene... it actually put the history on the map. I just read an awesome article about that whole scene/context... made me appreciate it even more. https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/jaw...avorite-scene/ Excellent read
Old 10-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toehammer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The singing is part of that scene, just right after the Indianapolis story/whale sounds.
I was trying to find a youtube clip with the scars + USS Indianapolis + singing but couldn't.

The shark then starts ramming the boat. Suspense runs the last 30 min straight... has you on the edge of your seat. Movie is so damn good.
The real shark suspense is being in the water hiding behind a big piling as a 10 ft tiger is rolling around looking at you

#florida
Old 10-13-2020, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

I'm sure Quint would have some comment about your fancy piling. Me, I approve, but I'm not half the man Robert Shaw portrayed. Not even a quarter.
Closed Thread