Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Default Anyone seen kind of confirmation everything is on track for Kunark?

Druid tracking is still broken and apparently there are other issues that like manastones still working in sky.. It seems as if things are taking awhile to get done, which is fine. But I know a lot of people like some kind of heads up about kunark. Plenty plan to take time off work etc.

I have a funny feeling kuanark may be a ways out yet. That's fine and all, but many would like to know.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

I've been kind of apprehensive about it myself. There's been something of a radio silence from above, and signs indicating that noone is handling forum requests. People complaining about IP exception petitions going ignored for months, and when I created a new profile named after my current character to post in the green trade forum, the post had to be approved by an administrator... and noone ever did so. I had to abandon the profile.

That said, surely adding Kunark takes little more than pressing a button. I would assume that they have at least discussed the rules for time-restricted loot.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:33 PM
Banned

It's a free to play server
can't expect top maintenance
Old 10-19-2020, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

My only question is if it's coming out as the normal schedule has been (first friday of every month) aka November 6th. Or will it be delayed as PoSky was by a few weeks (or later). Would be nice to know if anybody is trying to take off a few days of work or plan their weekend.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Banned

Green 1.0 is invariably going to have some unexpected delays, it's a massive amount of data to manage, I'm sure kunark will come out more or less on schedule. Donating to the server is always the best thing to do in order to keep things rolling, being able to take off work and plan your weekend is a luxury on top of the luxury of being able to play here at all. Donating will make it more likely they can give those sorts of accurate predictive dates.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Probably been working too hard on the new PvP server launch.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Banned

PvP is trash who cares, it's unpopularity is plainly self evident. PvE actually still contains PvP, it's just not the brand where you can kill other players.

UO is for pvp, EQ is for elves
Old 10-19-2020, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

I mean, I think a P99 PvP server would have done alright if they'd launched it with something resembling a real ruleset and hadn't just left it to fend for itself unattended post-release with some kind of highly creative interpretation of the resist system and no effort whatsoever to police even the most basic rules of the project. But hey, that was a long-ass time ago.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

All I have seen on it was in discord.

"Galach10/01/2020
pretty sure it's just an in game command to open kunark, so don't know why it would get delayed "

so Nov. 6th
Old 10-19-2020, 07:15 PM
Banned

Yeah but it's an evolving organism, clearly the list system has made that clear. They didn't plan to have a list for summon corpse, but they decided to. They make fine adjustments all the time. There are a lot of considerations that may require new code to launch kunark on green. I'm sure they could turn it on with a command in some generic, totally chaotic sense. I think they want it to be good though.
Closed Thread