Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

If only AC spawned in other zones that didn't require you to join some stupid list.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:55 PM
Aviak

TLDR: Guy puts name on a list; guy waits a week without actively having to do anything; guy is sleeping when it's his turn. Guy gets put on back of list. Guy sticks around and gets whiff he might be able to bypass the entire line by resetting it; someone further on the list than him shows; guy rants about it all day and night and now actively tries to ruin it for everyone
Old 08-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The list is way better than the alternatives... namely /list or just sitting there till you fall asleep. You can see what your position is, and do a /who all the people in front of you to check out your relative chance of handling the list. The only people the ac.kingdomdkp.com list is NOT better for is for druids and wizards, because they can bind and port. Everyone else? The list is great.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:06 PM
Kobold

So,

Nerd A got ring.

Nerd B103 was at the camp, awake, prepared to engage for the next spawn.

Nerd A kept the camp after having the ring, but kept trying to reach Nerds B1-B102, none responded.

Nerd B103 got pissed.

Nerd A still kept killing PHs telling him someone on the elf list will eventually show.

Finally Nerd B45 comes trotting up to take them camp while Nerd A has been holding down the fort.

Is that correct?

If it was m, Nerd A gets their ring, if no one else is present to claim the camp, then all 100 or 500 nerds can get fucked. Nerd A don't get to hold down the camp still. The entire "player agreement" sounds completely ridiculous, and I can't believe anything other than pixel avarice is winding up the world over this camp.

Pretty simple. If you own a camp, finally receive the loot of the camp, and no one else is present to take over the camp, then each and every nerd can suck a dick at that point.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Just start your own list! with blackjack and hookers

But yeah, I mean if I was camping it (which I don't care to do) and there was someone there waiting in line, they get the next spot. Seems like the easiest thing to do, if you want the item you wait at the camp.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-03-2020, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Though thinking about it, with the creation of this list system, the chances of someone who isn't on the list getting the camp seems much more difficult. Unless you happen to be there when someone is finished, and they also find the 100+ player list to be stupid.

So it does seem to me that this player made list has actually made getting the camp more difficult..? It's just so everyone can do other things while having a MUCH longer waiting period, and is open to manipulation apparently.

Just make it a /list camp and limit to 1 per character like the summon corpse spell? AC in SRO can still be the MQ-able one?

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here let's do some wizard basic calculations. Let's say quadding from 50-60 in kunark is roughly 50% time gathering killing, and 50% time medding (it will prob take long to gather mobs with all the peeps leveling but for sake of argument).

Jboots give your char 135% speed
SoW pots 155% speed

SoW pots are 14.8% faster. Now if our time is split 50/50 like above that means you will level 7.4% faster using SoW pots while quadding (since speed doesn't matter while medding). Now time spent casting is not factored in yet so let's say it's 1/3 moving 2/3 not, you will still level 5% faster.

Ergo any wiz quad leveling in kunark with jboots will be leveling slower than those with SoW pots. (SoW pots also get slightly faster as you level to 60 so these numbers will be marginally higher)
It's hugely inefficient though. Essentially half of every SOW pot will be wasted while messing - ie gather mobs, kills mobs, sit and med - and your pot will still have 10+ minutes running on it
Old 08-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Aviak

I can see from browsing the version history on the AC list spreadsheet tonight that someone has been deleting it and spamming gibberish/ascii dicks and stuff on it...

While I do take a slight pleasure in seeing it, as it proves my point that the list can be fucked with by any random clown, this is not my handiwork. Immaturity and mayhem is not my goal.

/shrug
Old 08-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only AC spawned in other zones that didn't require you to join some stupid list.
On aradune he spawns from any seafury cyclops and the island is 10x as big and has 5 x the spawns its so much better !

Even gornit has 10 spawn points and walks around !
Old 08-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleberry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just do what I did. Buy the MQ and avoid the toxic.
Seriously dude. Farm plat. Do so on your own time, while sleeping a normal ass schedule in your actual bed, and chatting only with the other players you choose to without any unwanted drama. Buy an MQ from whatever random greedy druid ports into SRO every time there's a chance for an AC to kill, and move on with your wizarding life.
Closed Thread