Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm is being looked into. It is not working as it should; there is no question there :P
Thank you maybe enchanters will start grouping [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm is being looked into. It is not working as it should; there is no question there :P
/pumps fist
/does a dance
/breathes a sigh of relief
/can't wait to roll a chanter

You guys are doing a helluva job on this server - thanks for all the hard work.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

woot. i shall soon be the overlord of Lguk, and the former ghoul lord will be my minion to do my bidding.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woot. i shall soon be the overlord of Lguk, and the former ghoul lord will be my minion to do my bidding.
I think you have it backwards. That's apparently easy to do right now and not much of a challenge. It will be A LOT harder after they fix it (which will finally make it worth trying! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

haha nah i understand how it works. you see, i dont wanna put forth the effort of getting my cha to 200. I just want my charm spells to work decently like normal and i can FD and smoke when it fails.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Sarnak

It takes 2kpp to get a full cha set.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Aviak

Wow I must be doing something wrong then.

In a group yesterday in Guk (with 214 CHA) we decided to get rid of a tashed/charmed Dar pet because it was breaking every few minutes (just like it used to on live).

Can someone let me know the /haxor command for always maximum charm please?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Aviak

I think, if you are going to kill the bard AE.. than make a enchanter worthless as well and .. just change the name of it to crackdealer.. Maybe charm is over powered.. but.. what else do they have?.. honestly? they are like the caster version of a ranger without it.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Enchanters were always glorified buffbots. Always.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldiin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow I must be doing something wrong then.

In a group yesterday in Guk (with 214 CHA) we decided to get rid of a tashed/charmed Dar pet because it was breaking every few minutes (just like it used to on live).

Can someone let me know the /haxor command for always maximum charm please?
Level of charmer?

I had the opposite experience yesterday. In guk our 45 enchanter maintained a dar pet the full duration every time he charmed it, and he didn't even have full charisma gear (though close). Then, moving to solb, he maintained an LDC pet the full duration every time. LDCs double for 130 + dot. It probably accounted for half the group's total dps. I did 35 in 2 hours and 36 in 2 1/2 hours with a monk's 20% penalty and no cleric. The only risk came every 15 minutes when the enchanter said "ok, need to recharm pet" and the group would help root it while he re-tashed/charmed.

I'm glad a dev finally responded to this absurdity. I was losing the battle convincing myself I didn't need to make another alt just to mess with the absurdity of charm. Now I can fight the urge.

And maybe if the importance of charisma is toned down I can actually solo guk lord again on the necro like we used to be able to do. Well...that is if "guk" mobs ever stop hitting like raid mobs.
Closed Thread