Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Yeah, because my Paladin isn't better off for me rolling a mage to fund him at all...not at all.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys!

Another friendly newbie thread for some of us who were really young when we played classic (or didn't play classic at all!)

Any tips on the best way to obtain some loot and cash? I'm a barb warrior in Halas trying to grind by! just hit level 5 and I'm wearing some cloth armor, is this normal? What should I do?

I share these threads with my friends around here in town and then we all learn!

So please! Don't bash! Just share.
Gather polar bear skins and hand them to Cyndl in halas (think thats her name) This will get you some leather armor.

Gather gnoll fangs in/around Black Burrow and hand them in to the female warrior guild master in halas, each one gives good exp and 5g +an item.

Other than that, yeah get out of halas run to the spires in north karana and look for a port to commons or gfay, get a bind when you get there then look for a group.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, that's classic for ya. Getting some piece of armor in every slot is the first step.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Orc

and corpse runs.. those are fun..
Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

You can also start Tailoring. You can craft yourself a few patched leather items easily with Ruined bear hides. Doesnt require much skillpoints and money.

There is a vendor close to the Halas zoneline, who sells a Sewing Kit and Armorpatterns.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Get a healer partner and go camp the Nybright Sisters in Lfay. You can do that from 13-20 for good exp, and make about 100pp/hr on the bronze weapons they drop.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Kobold

I think you have gotten a lot of good answers and ideas here, bro. I would also like to add that you should do some price checks and find a low lvl weapon that has a proc to help you keep aggro in your groups. You can always get buffs, but they dont do you much good if you can't keep aggro off your group members. An obsidian shard comes to mind as a good low lvl weapon and they are pretty common.
Welcome to p99, man. This is a great server.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, the easiest is to just pick up tailoring and make yourself some leather armor, you just need to find the pelt ingredients, then later on try and buy some player created banded or see if you can buy some bronze armor off someone.

When I first started playing this game back in 2000 and were new I actually bought banded from the shops and it was super expensive, but people bought DF belts for 10p or so back then so was easy to get money :P
Old 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Large Rat

are nybright sisters better xp for 13 necro than oasis soloing / grouping?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Kobold

Guess that depends on the group.
Closed Thread