Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not a DE monk. You're a human monk with an illusion mask. Everyone knows there are no true dark elf monks.

Again, you are not a DE monk, ranger or paladin. You are a human, wood elf or high elf wearing an illusion mask. Everyone else knows there are no dark elf pallies so they aren't scratching their heads wondering how you managed to make one. They know you are wearing the damn mask.
This guy is awesome lol. Please post more often
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 07-03-2019, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

I want a guise specifically to trick other players into thinking i'm an actual dark elf monk. How cool would that be? I would get so many tells from people like "wow man how did you make a dark elf monk? You are so awesome!".
Old 07-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to break it to you but no sane person gives 2 shits that you have a guise bud.
I feel this way about 100% of your posts! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sorry you're all ready mad that we will have guises and you wont because of play time lol
Old 07-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want a guise specifically to trick other players into thinking i'm an actual dark elf monk. How cool would that be? I would get so many tells from people like "wow man how did you make a dark elf monk? You are so awesome!".
wait.. in classic you can roll a dark elf monk??
Old 07-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Kobold

My first goal is to unlock meditate without losing my sanity. My only pro strat is never trying any of the auto-chess clones until green comes out in the hopes that it can entertain me while standing there waiting for my hp/mp to regen and that I don't get bored of it before I get meditate.

Second goal - Getting in at least one fight because I accidentally tagged a mob that someone I couldn't see was about to melee.

Third goal - Bickering in ooc with extremely intelligent individuals who need to tell everyone that they will never get a MS/guise, thus crushing the dreams of the stupid casuals who only play green to fulfill their lifelong goal of getting these mythical world-changing items by playing 2-4 hours per week.

Fourth goal - Taking part in the biomass of noobs graveyard rushing a faerie royal guard because it's high level and might have ph@t lewtz.

Fifth goal - Joining a casual super-guild in order to get groups more easily and make friends, only to end up hating them all slightly less than the leadership that will use a loot council that suspiciously benefits officers more than the rest.

Final goal - Unleashing my full potential as an Iksar.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
=.
Oh man this is way too accurate.

Anyone have a similar guide for evil players? I'm just going to skip all the guise drama and roll a dark elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

I really wanted to roll a Human Ranger and get myself a guise. I started on p1999 the day it opened, but I never bothered to camp the mask, because honestly I had NO idea the server would be around for a decade; and I definitely didn’t think I’d be playing it that long if it had. The fact is though, that next fall I’ll be in the craziest school semester of my life, moving into a new place, working and juggling my family life. All of that considered, I’ll likely play a Human Rogue. They will level quickly, they’re awesome for groups and raids, their epic is hella easy, and my Rogue is one of my favorite level 60’s (I have 8) on p99. I suspect I will be super casual on Green, so the odds of me getting a mask are slim anyway, and the odds of leveling a class with a 40% exp penalty high enough to even camp one before it drops is also unlikely.

Most likely, I’ll roll in the Qeynos area and just hang around in blackburrow. I feel like that zone will be poppin’.
Last edited by Trelaboon; 07-11-2019 at 11:55 PM..
Old 07-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

One thing progresion servers always suffer from is melee classes being abscent for a month, like basically 10% of the pop rolls a melee class first.

So hell yes to more rogues!

Im thinking of going ogre war and saying screw all the mana/guise drama too..

Would be fun to just group with people through all the chaos and be a big ham with knives.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait.. in classic you can roll a dark elf monk??
Not that I recall. Just human till Kunark, then add Iksar.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveslug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gasp people will have to /group, instead of soloing
Fuck that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoof2424 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
awesome posts. going to get the scoop on all of these bag quests at once on the double
You could farm backpacks or the gold to buy them off noob mobs before you could circle norrath to pick up those containers. Or better, do certain mail quests for guaranteed xp and coin without competing over mob kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plays 20-year-old game. Doesn't think it's stupid.

Thinks how you play 20-year-old game is stupid.
This is definitely classic.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-12-2019 at 01:32 PM..
Closed Thread