Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Default Before another item gets synthetically inflated (Narandi's Lance)

INB4 this gets out of hand, and we have another Circlet of Shadows scenario on our hands - boycott sellers advertising Narandi's lance for 10 times it's value.

We all knew this was coming, and in summary it had a 6 damage buff on it's ratio
So 20k up from 16k? Fine.

It's not worth 120k.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

It's worth whatever someone will pay... Free market at work.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Is it officially 44/45?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

lance was when i remember right before nerf at 120k ,but with the inflation over years on it i think it will sell for 90k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] we will see ,price inflation inc
Old 02-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Banned

the only way to control the market is to control people's minds and this post was a fail OP
Old 02-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's worth whatever someone will pay... Free market at work.
Your use of the free market comment is incorrect, because the market in a game is not free nor organic.

A free market requires certain variables though most simplistically it needs competing entities and products.

Virtual markets such as these skew that because the entities(players) and the products( items) are unique in that they are not material or tangible and they are not competing. They're all selling at the same fake price because one person assigned it an arbitrary value literally over night. And nor where they a professional collector or was an appraisal done weighing all relevant factors( and trying to clone from some 'remembered' value of an item across all servers equally[?] from the original servers, is not only wildly inaccurate but also foreign as this is not the same market place).

The items have no real value and ownership, possession, maintenance or storage isn't factor. They also carry no overhead costs to try and sell. Profit and margin isn't a thing, as you have not outgoing costs.
And if you're going to quantify time spent playing as an overhead, then that's false because no one is playing only to acquire items and only to sell them to only make coin - unless you RMT.

It's also synthetic because sellers are trying to confuse and mislead buyers by using terms such as 'pre nerf' to try and explain the increase. You only do that when the asking price is not justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only way to control the market is to control people's minds and this post was a fail OP
The only thing that's going to fail is your attempt to plat roll people.

What also is bothersome about this is guilds/events who do ring war and get the lance can often roll on it. 15k isn't a massive deal. Now, they'll forego that, and claim it as a guild bank item for 'guild funding' or some other excuse to line the pockets of the guild council.
Last edited by Toodles; 02-10-2019 at 12:17 PM..
Old 02-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

It's only worth what people pay...futile to try and explain away a price increase.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your use of the free market comment is incorrect, because the market in a game is not free nor organic.

A free market requires certain variables though most simplistically it needs competing entities and products.

Virtual markets such as these skew that because the entities(players) and the products( items) are unique in that they are not material or tangible and they are not competing. They're all selling at the same fake price because one person assigned it an arbitrary value literally over night. And nor where they a professional collector or was an appraisal done weighing all relevant factors( and trying to clone from some 'remembered' value of an item across all servers equally[?] from the original servers, is not only wildly inaccurate but also foreign as this is not the same market place).

The items have no real value and ownership, possession, maintenance or storage isn't factor. They also carry no overhead costs to try and sell. Profit and margin isn't a thing, as you have not outgoing costs.
And if you're going to quantify time spent playing as an overhead, then that's false because no one is playing only to acquire items and only to sell them to only make coin - unless you RMT.

It's also synthetic because sellers are trying to confuse and mislead buyers by using terms such as 'pre nerf' to try and explain the increase. You only do that when the asking price is not justified.

The only thing that's going to fail is your attempt to plat roll people.

What also is bothersome about this is guilds/events who do ring war and get the lance can often roll on it. 15k isn't a massive deal. Now, they'll forego that, and claim it as a guild bank item for 'guild funding' or some other excuse to line the pockets of the guild council.
Bravo. However, it is all for naught. It is abundantly clear that the vast majority of people who sit perched on their intellectual mound of shit and parrot the "Free Market" trump card have no fucking clue what it means. The only truth is that you can't control a fool, and fools here come in such large numbers that we can never keep them from dropping massive amounts of platinum for items with a value not in line with the time it takes to acquire that platinum.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

How much am I allowed to sell my lance for
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

This server hates me. First I give all my plat to a guard, next I sell my lance a couple days before the price jumps from 15k to 90k. I’m fucking done
Closed Thread