Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server hates me. First I give all my plat to a guard, next I sell my lance a couple days before the price jumps from 15k to 90k. I’m fucking done
As many others have mentioned:

Pricing is usually done by supply/demand.

There is little demand for this weapon, and plenty of supply.

Tunnel rats are going to ask 50-100k all day long and never get it.
Last edited by Molitoth; 02-13-2019 at 11:24 AM..
Old 02-13-2019, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

The market here is too easy to manipulate. Those who know the way the tools gather data can arbitrarily inflate the prices on the sites leading to an impression of value. This item will be inflated and then bought by speculators thinking they are getting a good deal buying them for 5k under "market value" then they will spend weeks trying to sell them and eventually realize no one wants them. I have an SK and I didn't buy it when it was 15k I'm certainly not going to want one at 50. Do yourselves a favor and don't let the tunnel rats trick you into buying this at a "cheap price".
Old 02-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As many others have mentioned:

Pricing is usually done by supply/demand.

There is little demand for this weapon, and plenty of supply.

Tunnel rats are going to ask 50-100k all day long and never get it.
I jumped the gun on my rage.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amongst the 55+ knight population (not big) ...

-every knight with a NToV weapon doesn’t want one (to include alts from the big guilds who can snag one such weapon for dirt cheap dkp.
-every knight with epic probably doesn’t want one either
-every tunare paladin with velious mini epic probably doesn’t want one either

So that leaves you with the 55+ main (or alt) knights not in a big guild who probably either doesn’t HAVE the money or isn’t willing to spend big money on Lance.

The potential market for this lance is very tiny. I suspect there are twice as many lances on the market as there are knights willing to actually use it (much less spend big money on it).

Tunnel rats can ask whatever the want; nobody’s going to buy them.
As someone who has both an SK and pally with epics, I can confirm I would never use this lance for anything other than a toy to slaughter low level mobs with while my disc is popped on my paladin for random crits.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I can't say for paladin, but for sk, the 20 skill point penality on piercing makes up for the ratio difference between the epic and the lance... Any sk with epic would be dumb to get this weapon (except maybe to switch for a boil blood proc while epic dot is on? Maybe...)
Old 02-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razdeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item has garbage value. All classes that can use it incur a piercing penalty, you can't use till 55, epics are better.
You are wrong there...
Sk get piercing capped 20point lower than all other melee weapon skills. Paladin get the same cap on all melee weapon, including piercing, to compensate they have 5 less offense than sk... For paly that lance seems to be a solid option, no penality and a proc they can't cast... But the market is tiny, 55+ paly without epic nor tov weapons are not the majority..
Old 02-13-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

I mean dont buy from boutik and those like him and all your problems are solved. Self-correcting situation.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread