Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks to Brarknar
Fuck, Braknar, Would it really ruin RnF if we had 30 seconds to edit posts?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or rotations. Or one of fifteen hundred other ideas.

Look P99 having more people than live had absolutely is the core of the problem, but still I really think you're smarter than just "keep Aftermath dominating everything, or keep Aftermath dominating everything but root the dragons". But maybe because of those smarts you're not being honest?

I just can't believe you really can only see a single viable option to the current system.
Rotations are boring, and so is the pull everything to zone line meta. Combining the two would make EQ hardly feel like a game to me
Old 04-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

The current system is so boring it'd be hard for any change to make it less boring. In your guild, out of a typical ToV force, how many people actually "compete" in the "non-boring" part? The rest just sit their "bored", right?

And even the competitors, they stare at walls, or duck CotHs, or whatever for hours: that's not boring?

Last I checked we all came to play EverQuest. Rotations prioritize that and eliminate all the boring stuff.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. And regardless, like I said there are fifteen hundred other ideas besides "keep the current system" and "rotate". You have to be an idiot (and again, I don't think you are) or dishonest to claim you truly can't see any other viable alternatives.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

I vote raising the drop rate in wtov so there are less raiders and more WAIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Kobold

I agree with Nexii pretty strongly on pretty much all of their points. Raids are boring as shit right now (except for watching shitshows when they happen), and would be even more boring with a rotation. There are a dozen servers with instances and a dozen other MMOs with them. Making raid bosses summon at 100% health would do all the things Nexii said. Wouldn't be a perfect world but would be 1000x better than what we have now, and I've been a vocal proponent of it for years. They rooted and gave them call of the zero on live anyway so I don't even know what the argument against it is other than coding is too much work.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Majority of the raid scene doesn't want rotations. The community and staff consensus is that pixels should be earned, not doled out by staff. You do understand that a rotation won't be less work for the GMs. They'd be dealing with complaints daily about who should and shouldn't be in the rotation. The favoritism complaints would be much, much more. You'd have guilds getting spots that are inactive, like Clue with Plane of Sky.

The viable alternative is to unwind a lot of the needlessly complex raid rules. Sirken meant well but he created a tangled mess of complex rules that in the end benefitted the most hardcore guilds the most. I don't think this was intentional, but it was the outcome.

The raid rules should be more intuitive for a new player. For example, why aren't we allowed to camp out on a raid mob? This has never been answered when for every non-raid mob in the game, this is standard operating procedure.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

They should randomly delete players over level 50 entering TOV. it solves the TOV problem by making it far less desirable of a place to go, and solves the over saturation of higher leveled players, too.

I'm fucking genius. Give me my GM account w/e.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Another example being why isn't COTH allowed in VP? A lot of these rules...no one even knows why they exist any more. They just are...because?
Old 04-06-2019, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Majority of the raid scene doesn't want rotations.
Did you do a survey or something? You're just revealing your own ignorance by assuming the whole server wants what Aftermath wants (or what RnF wants, or even what the forums want).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do understand that a rotation won't be less work for the GMs.
You do understand that just because you put "You do understand" in front of something that doesn't make it true? Rotations would mean no more "competition", and that "competition" is the root of all petitions. Once the rotations were in place they would require virtually no GM effort whatsoever.

And, as I have mentioned before, they could require even less effort if the staff made the players police themselves. For instance, the guild that currently has ToV for the week could be responsible for observing whatever "gatekeeper" mob is needed to let a new guild join the rotation.

And finally I'll remind you that I've been asking how someone so smart could fail to come up with even a single viable alternative to the current system. And you keep failing to suggest even one.

Either the current system is perfect ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), or you're an idiot (and again, I don't think you are), or ... you're refusing to admit that there are plenty of viable alternatives, but you don't like them because they would mean Aftermath has to share more of their pixels with others.

Closed Thread