Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=322812

ahhh very Clear to me now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, Im also a smasher seller. But I dont think he is 100% wrong tho.
But Id imagine theres something closer to 40 on the server. Not 15.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 04-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=322812

ahhh very Clear to me now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You always brings smile to me when you post man. It's like a guy smoking his pipe, not the new pipes old pipe, and finally says something and everyone goes quiet lol.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Banned

It’s an easy farm don’t buy it
Old 04-13-2019, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

It’s a fun toy. Price should find a happy place now that they are not permafarmed.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

I dont mean to sound like a god damn broken record in terms of finding some kind of explanation for posts like these... BUT.... supply and demand.

It is one of the only newly introduced weapons that is semi-relevant. On top of that it hasn't been a very common sell up until the past couple weeks.

Thats how EC market works man... For a while there was only one player with an anklesmasher for sale. and that ONE player can do whatever the fuck they want to do with it. And that one player did. IT went for 150k or 200k or some ridiculous price.

So when you have a situation where an item is new and uncommon, a price point is set, and every continuous price point is pushing for stability between buyer and seller.

The only issue is sometimes (and on this server most of the time in its early development) most buyers are setting selling or buying prices particularly for resale. So now you have a period of time where said item is fluctuating for the sole purpose of finding a price that most resellers or collectors will acquire it for.

but now we have reached a time where the item is in a more continuous supply. So its supply has changed but its demand has been relative to its practicality.

a ratio of 10/20 by most players standards is useless. but our beloved anklesmasher has an effect. SNARE...

This weapon is useful to a very select amount of players. Newbies, resellers, and those looking for a snare proc better than its alternative (the 14/28 whip, the 9/20 hammer). Ill also mention that some consider its graphic to be worth something (fashionquesting does sometimes determine an items value). Now anyone who is anyone understands that a even though 10/20 and 14/28 is the SAME ratio. a lower delay in primary offers more damage because of the damage bonus mechanic. Thats where the anklesmasher becomes valuable and practical. And as time goes on, and supply increases, the idea that it offers a snare proc at a lower delay will be a selling point, along with the pursuance of *fashionquesting, and maybe the fact that more classes are available to use it than its same ratio partner (The Silken Whip Of Ensnaring), will contribute to its overall practicality, but still its price will diminish as more become available.

So my friend... The basic idea here is, is that its price will stabilize as supply changes. because practically speaking this weapon is not very useful to most, but to some, and as it becomes more and more available, the select few wishing to acquire it for its pragmatic use will find it in their inventory. and as it no longer becomes as desired for its pragmatism, it will no longer be sold for its pure resale value, or its novelty.
Last edited by Iksar_with_a_plan; 04-13-2019 at 03:12 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont mean to sound like a god damn broken record in terms of finding some kind of explanation for posts like these... BUT.... supply and demand.
I'm pretty sure a "a fool and his money will soon be parted" is more applicable.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Price will drop. Same ratio as silken whip of ensnaring (14/28 war/rng) but faster. +4ac vs -5ac. More importantly it gives the snare proc to a few classes who otherwise have none.

It’s stupidly overpriced for now. Not a great ratio and 2 classes can buy a comparable weapon for 300p (though rangers have on demand snare).

I bet price will ultimately settle in the 1-2k range. It’s a utility proc with minor fashion quest value. That’s it.
It just ain't that good, Troxx nails another one.
Except maybe forgetting about equally cheap Glaive of Marltek which most melees can use iirc
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-13-2019, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Only matters for monk snare. That's literally the only reason to have one. Anyone mentioning other classes is missing the point.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:48 PM
Banned

Look foward to these been 2-5k plat.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also it’s been permacamped since patch and maybe 10-15 have dropped? And now SWC don’t drop. I’d be surprised if one Anklesmasher a year drops now on p1999.
Yea price will probably level out now, maybe even will go up. 50k is good plat but it's quite rare. It's a pretty average camp at that price and has a high barrier to entry