Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meyers Briggs is great for bullshitting about EQ race <=> personality connections, but please don't take it any more seriously than that. From that same wiki page:

And that's the famous "neutral wikipedia" language there; they quote an expert shortly thereafter:

There's a lot more detail of the criticism if you care, but the point being people who take this stuff seriously, PhDs who've devoted their lives to understanding human psychology, almost universally agree Meyers-Briggs is (at least mostly) garbage.
Go read a book or something, nerd.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meyers Briggs is great for bullshitting about EQ race <=> personality connections, but please don't take it any more seriously than that. From that same wiki page:
Similar issue associated with the crescent wrench: The tool itself does what it's meant to do, but a lot of folks try to use it for jobs it's not well-suited to, giving it something of a bad reputation.

---------------------------------------

Most dangerous thing in Norrath (to his own groups) is a brave Enchanter.

Danth
Old 04-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Normal people play humans.
I found this comment transphobic.

Play whatever races you identify people, don't be tethered to your birth configuration.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:31 PM
Banned

I identify as a aviak puppeteer, and the bigots running this server won't let me play it
Old 04-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Druids are generally cool because no one on p99 (since everyone knows the game) rolls a druid without realizing they are the world's bitchslave.

Mages definitely seem like the most likely to be tools, given that they are generally an afk class used solely to farm and cheat endgame mechanics. Maybe the people themselves are just temporarily being tools in order to further their mage agenda.

While I've known one or one kind gnome in my life they are also most likely for me to wish horrible death upon. I would say erudites are second on my list. It's not a race thing.. they just act like they have something to prove and everyone needs to know about it. No one cares that you play an underplayed race bro. Calm down and enjoy your race specific loot.

Honorable mention to all rogues. Congrats on buying your epic for 5k. You're cool.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

How do you know how much weed your monk puller is currently smoking? Don't worry he'll tell you.

That class is a magnet for all the most try-hard l33tbro dudez in the game.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Large Bat

Friendliest race/class combo is without question dwarf rogue
Old 04-15-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

What class/race did Vyneroth play?
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

I've only been petitioned twice ever, and both by gnomes, and in both cases illegitimately (GMs sided with me). Therefore gnomes players are assholes.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found this comment transphobic.

Play whatever races you identify people, don't be tethered to your birth configuration.
Enchanters can identify with just about any race. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread