Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default Protips: What is one brief tip you wish someone told you 20 years ago?

Straferunning (diagonal holding the right mouse button) can help you outrun almost anything if fleeing to the zone line.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

/corpse ignores z-axis and pulls corpse up thru floors (rip all my forever lost corpses in the depths of blackburrow summer 1999)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 04-15-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

You can use a banker even if he/she is KoS (you can bank even when they're beating up on you)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

That you can consent your offline main/alt and do your own corpse recovery
Old 04-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That you can consent your offline main/alt and do your own corpse recovery
+1 on this.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Banned

The Cleric is NOT a melee DPS character.

(I was a dumb child)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Aviak

A halfling that casts an illusion spell, then clicks off the illusion, becomes the size of a gnome for purposes of being able to see through walls.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

For casters (and to some extent everyone) gear is mostly unimportant when leveling up: even if you have 200 more or less mana (or your tank has 100 more or less AC, or whatever) your group will still level about as fast as the next group. Skill will make a much bigger difference, so focus on playing better/smarter and don't worry about the twinks around you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-15-2019 at 01:38 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For casters (and to some extent everyone) gear is mostly unimportant when leveling up: even if you have 200 more or less mana (or your tank has 100 more or less AC, or whatever) your group will still level about as fast as the next group. Skill will make a much bigger difference, so focus on playing better/smarter and don't worry about the twinks around you.
It's skill, not a Fungi tunic that is regens those HPs.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's skill, not a Fungi tunic that is regens those HPs.
The whole point was to be brief, and you of all people should know I struggle with brevity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Therefore when I wrote "mostly" I left out qualifications like "(with exceptions like the Fungi Tunic)" and left them implied instead.

But heck, even Fungi Tunics really don't make that much difference in group XP gain over time, especially the higher level you get.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread