Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF you are dead set on being pretty, I cant stop ya.

But Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity allows you to regain concentration even through a bash. One day where a group of mobs refuses to let you FD, I hope you remember this post.
I would have to 100% agree with this post. I just got a Troll SK to 52 and was damn proud of it. Love me some Troll's look and regen ability, but it took 1 time that a group of mobs in Hate that refused to let me FD. Now it has me questioning my race choice and really reconsidering re-rolling an Ogre SK. In the case of important abilities for SK, FSI is super important 46-59 because FD has a long spell cast time. (level 60 spell is 1 sec).

So something to consider as Jauna is right.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a wonderful suggestion!

I recently picked up my Helm of Ridossan! Remembered to head back in my early 30's before the named spawns became trivial. I think i went at 31? Only named mobs were blue, everything else was green. And i was able to kill Mugl in his room without agro from all the other kobalds.. Super easy kill! Cool to see a giant froglok tad too!!

Got helm on 3rd kill.
If you get too high level to kill it you can always pay someone in their early/mid thirties (or use your own alt in this range) to kill Mugl and then loot the items once the corpse becomes public.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot recollect ever once having died because of frontal bashes interrupting feign death too many times. That concern is in practice a nonissue.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get too high level to kill it you can always pay someone in their early/mid thirties (or use your own alt in this range) to kill Mugl and then loot the items once the corpse becomes public.
Beware through, you need someone with a reasonably high lvl, you can't use a lvl 10 exping around to get the killing blow while you fd... The muglewump rampages...
Old 04-18-2019, 02:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have to 100% agree with this post. I just got a Troll SK to 52 and was damn proud of it. Love me some Troll's look and regen ability, but it took 1 time that a group of mobs in Hate that refused to let me FD. Now it has me questioning my race choice and really reconsidering re-rolling an Ogre SK. In the case of important abilities for SK, FSI is super important 46-59 because FD has a long spell cast time. (level 60 spell is 1 sec).

So something to consider as Jauna is right.
This tends to get hotly debated, but for me it boils down to the troll/iksar regen is negated if you have a healer. Conversely, troll/iksar can never, ever get frontal stun immunity.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF you are dead set on being pretty, I cant stop ya.

But Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity allows you to regain concentration even through a bash. One day where a group of mobs refuses to let you FD, I hope you remember this post.
If my Iksar sk ever dies because I couldn’t get a fd off, I still won’t wish I went ogre.

This is an endless debate but the facts are pretty clear. Frontal stun immunity will only sometimes, if ever(0 for danth) save your life when trying to get a fd off.

On the other hand, regen is working 100% of the time amounting to thousands and thousands of extra hp over time which is basically an innate chloroplast at higher levels. . Bonus if you went Iksar and will eventually be the beefiest sk if you raid due to ac bonus.

I see FSI as more of a benefit to not have to deal with the annoyance of combat stuns. The life saving factor is extremely minimal.

But ultimately pick what you like staring at the most. Everything else is second IMO.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Racial advantages really make the biggest difference when the margin of failure or success is extremely thin. Weird solo challenges and/or less then optimal gear. Still coming down to fsi or racial regen is the thinnest of margins. With even a duo partner (let alone a group) it’s a moot point besides placebo.

At this point I have a 27 ogre sk and a 33 erudite sk. I do love slam and the stats but depending on the weather don’t know which to focus on. Being giant is super annoying and fashionquest is a racial perk that might be worth the 60 stamina...
Old 04-22-2019, 07:05 AM
Kobold

Went 'Dite. First time in my life in Paineel and the Warren's
Didn't even know they existed! Having fun.

My main has a few 100 plat, suggestions on things to buy first that I'll get a lot of levels out of?
Old 05-30-2019, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 2019. I made my (human) Shadow Knight in 2011. Between that time and today I cannot recollect ever once having died because of frontal bashes interrupting feign death too many times. That concern is in practice a nonissue.

Legidias gives good advice if a player wishes to skip through the lowest levels as quickly as possible.

Danth
No, but you'll get tons of DC and lifetap interrupts which are a major pain. Will it cause you to die? Probably not but it will slow you down a bit.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went 'Dite. First time in my life in Paineel and the Warren's
Didn't even know they existed! Having fun.

My main has a few 100 plat, suggestions on things to buy first that I'll get a lot of levels out of?
I think i have some random stuff on my SK that i grew out of? Sentient legs and a few other things? Some rings i looted in ToFS and what not.. I'll be online this weekend and would love to get you setup with some gear!!
Closed Thread