Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 05:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12k = a little bit of wisdom and mana and a misty port

You'll survive just fine without that on a druid.
12k = hours and hours and hours of time for me.

If you ever lose nearly half of what's currently in your player account, I hope people respond with a little more empathy than you're showing me.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:24 AM
Sarnak

Even if you got the legs, you can't resell them. I can almost guarantee that you could have done better by purchasing resellable items regardless.

If you got what you wanted out of the MQ, your druid would have just a little bit more wis and mana.

"Hours and hours and hours of time", as you put it, for that little bit of extra wis and mana on a level 5 druid.

You don't need that. You were wasting your money anyway on that purchase. I agree with the guy you were responding to.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if you got the legs, you can't resell them. I can almost guarantee that you could have done better by purchasing resellable items regardless.

If you got what you wanted out of the MQ, your druid would have just a little bit more wis and mana.

"Hours and hours and hours of time", as you put it, for that little bit of extra wis and mana on a level 5 druid.

You don't need that. You were wasting your money anyway on that purchase. I agree with the guy you were responding to.
Outside of the BP and the bracer, of course I could have bought better items that I could later resell. But that's not what I wanted. I like the FashionQuest of the thurg armor, and as I'll never be raiding at a high level, I don't care that it's inferior to other items. I'm playing a druid - my interest is not in min-max.

But you're entirely missing the point of why I was upset while you were busy trying to mock me over it. 12k wasn't the legs, it was all the time I'd spent acquiring it gone for absolutely nothing. I bought a house but wasn't given the keys. That's why I was upset.

Whether you or anyone else thinks it was a stupid purchase to gear a druid in thurg armor doesn't matter to me. If I get that money back, I'm still buying my legs - just from someone with the proper faction next time.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside of the BP and the bracer, of course I could have bought better items that I could later resell. But that's not what I wanted. I like the FashionQuest of the thurg armor, and as I'll never be raiding at a high level, I don't care that it's inferior to other items. I'm playing a druid - my interest is not in min-max.

But you're entirely missing the point of why I was upset while you were busy trying to mock me over it. 12k wasn't the legs, it was all the time I'd spent acquiring it gone for absolutely nothing. I bought a house but wasn't given the keys. That's why I was upset.

Whether you or anyone else thinks it was a stupid purchase to gear a druid in thurg armor doesn't matter to me. If I get that money back, I'm still buying my legs - just from someone with the proper faction next time.
I'm sorry that your level 5 druid won't look as cool until higher level or you get a refund.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm sorry that your level 5 druid won't look as cool until higher level or you get a refund.
Me too.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12k = hours and hours and hours of time for me.

If you ever lose nearly half of what's currently in your player account, I hope people respond with a little more empathy than you're showing me.
I hope you got more out of that time than just the plat. Use that to move on. If all you got out of that time then it's time to ask why you are really playing.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you got more out of that time than just the plat. Use that to move on. If all you got out of that time then it's time to ask why you are really playing.
I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I've still yet to find the seller online, but I've taken it to someone who I think may be able to help get this settled, so I'm still hopeful it will all end up square. If not, well - I guess that's the game. I'm not over it, but the knee-jerk reaction to uninstall isn't there anymore.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I've still yet to find the seller online, but I've taken it to someone who I think may be able to help get this settled, so I'm still hopeful it will all end up square. If not, well - I guess that's the game. I'm not over it, but the knee-jerk reaction to uninstall isn't there anymore.
I didn't want to post this yesterday, as I was worried folks would think I was jumping on the band-wagon questioning you and your choice of items, etc. I don't mean this comment in that way at all.

Failed MQs aren't "bugs" on p99, they are put of the intended mission of p99 to recreate as close as possible the classic game. Lost time and investment is a part of EQ. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose BIG and throw something across the room. Any real EQ player knows what this is like, and its part of the game.

EQ is a great game. You had a real life emotional response (all be it a negative one) to an in game stimulus. There aren't many games like that out there, and it is what makes EQ so much fun for me at least.

Even though today it was a bad punch to the gut, it opens up the possibility of the great reward you'll get when things go right another time.

Anyways, hopefully the GMs can help you to get your pp back from the seller. Even if not, remember losing time, exp, pp, etc. are part of the deal from time to time in EQ.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

I was in my feelings a bit originally - I probably should have waited an hour or two before I made the thread. As you said, everyone that's played this game knows what it's like to lose big, and this was one of those moments for me. Particularly just coming back to the game from a very long break, this was a pretty bummer way to start my return.

I don't think the GM's will get involved anymore than they already have, but I did speak to a couple people in their guild who are trying to help me get this resolved. Nobody has seen this person since the turn-in date, so nothing can really be done until they're tracked down. Hopefully someone catches them online soon.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Orc

Imagine ghosting your guild on a high level character that you have clearly devoted time into because you don't want to give back 12k elf-tokens you finessed off a stranger.
Closed Thread