Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Banned

Default How to start out on p99 - Make Money & Get Fat.

I was originally going to post this in response to another thread here in the starting zone. But instead I thought I would post it as its own thread, to help people figure out how to get their bank accounts padded enough to get the gear/spells they need to get to 50 without struggling too much.

This guide is best for the solo'er but works extremely well for a pair of friends trying to get started together!

I personally think for starting out on the server Qeynos is the best starting city. So step one starts there. However you can level from 1-12 anywhere and travel to Qeynos to begin the process, that is a totally fine strat.

Next, if you are dead set on creating a dark race from the get go, thats fine, but some of this guide wont be all that great for you. However there are clever tricks you can apply like, making a good guy alt that you can drop items/sell with at the key merchant locations that will allow you to make plat with these strats even if you choose a dark race.. consider dark races following this guide, 100% doable but hard mode.

The reason we start in Qeynos is because BlackBurrow is a fantastic place to get from 0-12 even without help from other players! But most importantly level 12 is where its time to really start making the $$$ you seek, and the way to start that is with bandit sashes in the Western Karanas, here we go!

1. level 12-15 head out to Western Karanas, find bandits and xp off them while collect bandit sashes. Turn in the Bandit Sashes to the paladin guild leader, and sell the Bronze Weapon rewards to the merchant standing right next to him for 3-5 plat a pop.

This will bank you about 3-600 plat depending on luck before you hit level 24ish

A link to the quest: http://wiki.project1999.com/Bandit_Sashes

2. Time to go full evil and stick your middle finger up at Tunare. Head to the OOT.. there is an island of reformed prostitutes that hang out by the docks, you cant miss em. The boat stops there and you'll see all these beautiful nympho woodelves eyef***ing you hard. There is a deep con red mother hen in one of the buildings, stay away from her. What you want is to find the 2 highest ranking guardians of the cult, in a small hut over looking the docks. They each drop 2 long swords and pureity belts. Slay these women from 24-32. sell the belts to the dwarf on the other side of the island.. they dont like dwarves and hes pissed they wont put out for him so he gladly accepts proof of thier death by purchasing thier swords for about 7 plat each.

You can bank a good 3k during your time leveling here.

*Note* once you kill these reformed prostitutes (they are not reformed, slip them a few plat and you can get your rocks off in one of the many bunk houses, tell them I sent you) you are going to be KOS to a couple of good guy guilds and one very un forgiving goddess, Tunare. The costs of this faction loss will be:

a. you cannot walk into the ranger/druid guilds in Kelthin.. this can be bad for some players!
b. you will not be able to EVER raise your faction back to frendily with Tunare, ever, there is no return to go, there is no way to make up for the damage you cause of killing her reforming nymphomaniac daughters. The actual playable cost to this is, in the plane of growth, you will always be KOS. This will negatively affect Paladins & Druids the most. There are some quests you wont be able to complete in the Plane of Growth. All other classes/races will simply have to be that guy that says, 'when I go to growth the protectors of Tunare spawn and try to kill me!' however, nearly half your raid is going to be saying that anyway, so not a major loss.. also you may even re-roll by the time you ever get to growth. I know I did, as worried as I was about it when I first made the plunge with my woodelf Bard.

But thats it, its honestly a small cost IMO. So on to step 3!

3. The next stop is the island next to purity cultists, still in the OOT.. The infamous AC island. At 32 you are going to be up against a tough fight killing the cyclops's but it IS doable. Level a bit here, but primarily what your going to do is farm a couple of boot MQ's or more. As a starting player you can bank 20k+ after a short while camping and selling Jboot MQ's.. this quest is a great tutorial on how you'll really be making the big plat on p99.. it teaches you about camp lawyering, petitioning, multiquesting.. all of the skills you'll need to become a fat cat tunnel rat.

and thats it! once you've done those 3 steps, if you're new to the server, youll be in the black and ready to enjoy leveling from 35+ without wondering, 'how the f do I ever make money on this server?!'

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy! Best of luck norathians!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This is awesome, thank you.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

have you found any way to solo camp these kind of things as a bard? i find it really difficult/impossible. Am i Missing something?
Last edited by Kileras; 04-03-2015 at 10:29 AM..
Old 04-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have you found any way to solo camp these kind of things as a bard? i find it really difficult/impossible. Am i Missing something?
100% all doable by bard!

1. bandits, ez with a funny strat.. The first part and less funny portion of the strat is to use lull to not pull casters.. IF you pull a caster, what I do (this is hilarious, fun and works very well) is i run-slow the melee's.. so that there is a good 20-30 yards between the melee's and the caster(s) that are chasing me.. I run those 2 packs of mobs to the guards at the zone to Qeynos hills. I run the casters RIGHT into the guards, they agro.. i make a 90 degree turn, to pull the melee's away from the fight.. the guards kill the casters, the melee's stay on me, I run back to the camps and try to pull more melee's and AOE kite them to death.

2. the 2 sisters are EXTREMELy easy to aoe kite around thier hut, because 1 its only 2 mobs, so they wont kill you if you fuck up, so its good spot to really get good at AoE kiting (altho you should be great it by now, after doing it at the bandits).. and 2 because there is a nice hut to kite around.. also as a bard you can run for 30 seconds if you need to drop agro and then camp because of speed.

Strat alternate is to split them 2 sisters and fear kite them. I didnt do this tho, I imagine its doable.

3. AC you can simply use fear kite tactics.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 04-03-2015 at 03:44 PM..
Old 04-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday
there is an island of reformed prostitutes that hang out by the docks, you cant miss em.
Thank you for this.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Great post iruined. Several of your suggestions were missing from the Treasure Hunting Guide, so I added them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

"It teaches you about camp lawyering"

Far and away the most valuable piece of information here. AC island is where the scum of scum hang out, and if you can deal with them, you can deal with anyone.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 04-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

I can't solo the OOT Cyclops... YOU LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't solo the OOT Cyclops... YOU LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring a friend! Pro tip - this way the wait seems longer for others and they leave, allowing you to hold the camp indefinitely. Now you're lawyer questing like the best of em.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bring a friend! Pro tip - this way the wait seems longer for others and they leave, allowing you to hold the camp indefinitely. Now you're lawyer questing like the best of em.
Be my friend and hold camp with me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread