Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-23-2022, 04:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok he can name the GM in question then right? But he hasn’t…wonder why…..
That part he's blowing smoke most likely, but it's most assuredly happened in the past. Not sure about now, but Blue does have a rancid history of past GM's fucking with things to benefit their friends/people RMTing to them.
Old 02-23-2022, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That part he's blowing smoke most likely, but it's most assuredly happened in the past. Not sure about now, but Blue does have a rancid history of past GM's fucking with things to benefit their friends/people RMTing to them.
Ok but we’re not talking about the past we’re talking about the current status on the server
Old 02-23-2022, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok but we’re not talking about the past we’re talking about the current status on the server
Oh, I don't give a flying fuck about current p99. The raid scene has always been a cesspool. It's pointless to play here unless you want to just farm gear for other people at 3am when your bathphone goes off. Sure, everyone may get geared up from trash drops, but the odds of ever seeing those couple real niche pieces in a zerglord sperglord clusterfuck with like 100 other people there? Good fucking luck. This game isn't good enough to waste that much time on.
Old 02-23-2022, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I don't give a flying fuck about current p99. The raid scene has always been a cesspool. It's pointless to play here unless you want to just farm gear for other people at 3am when your bathphone goes off. Sure, everyone may get geared up from trash drops, but the odds of ever seeing those couple real niche pieces in a zerglord sperglord clusterfuck with like 100 other people there? Good fucking luck. This game isn't good enough to waste that much time on.
I have 5 pieces of vulak loot and I've never once logged in after midnight. Sorry you're bad at the game.
Old 02-24-2022, 01:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if these changes (rolls on ring war, bag limits, rolls on kael/dain spawn) are from Riot crying, how is there honor in ridiculing their main competitor for having complaints about the changes?

That's honestly the main issue here. Riot cries and cries and cries until they get their way while still acting sanctimoniously in the UN and refusing to concede on a lot of their faults (remember the Silverwing tracker FTE situation that their leadership REFUSED to acknowledge as tracker FTE and their regular members had to force them to post the concession?!). Not to mention how they acted when originally approached by Freedom/Vanquish leadership to make changes to the raid meta about how things were fine like they were.

But now that they've lost any leverage for bargaining, they've resorted to fabricating evidence of cheating and crying to GMs to get changes.

These are not organic changes to benefit the server or all parties involved. These changes serve one purpose: to extend the raiding viability of Riot officers that still have DKP to spend.

Once the rest of yall look past your petty squabbles with Vanquish leadership, you'll realize how toxic this has been for the server.
Finally, someone said it ^
Old 02-24-2022, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

temptingly
Old 02-24-2022, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

The raid scene has generally always been toxic... long before vanquish or riot existed, even back in 2009.

Funny thing is its not even the GM's fault they have tried all kinds of measures to stem the bullshit but the career neckbeard everquesters always find a way to bend or circumvent the rules and mechanics that were put in to try and make it as fair as possible. Then these same toxic dipshits have the audacity to blame the GMs for putting those mechanics and rules in once a new meta is discovered that basically bypasses them.

Green was an anomaly, competition was actually pretty healthy there for a while and still sort of is but its starting to slip away. Kingdom was starting to perform better and better against Seal Team each quake and natural cycle getting more targets than before each time. Seal Team, getting hit hard by burnout, sensed their grip of control was starting to slip away and in pure desperation to maintain control has since basically all but merged with a smaller less competitive 3rd guild to roll around with a 2 guild 120+ man zerg for pretty much every target since. Now lately they have all been basically skirting the line of staying within the rules and it appears to be snowballing as petitions come flying out seemingly every cycle/quake now. I predict it wont be long until Green becomes as bad a cesspool as Blue unless some drastic change happens. I don't think there's anything the GMs can do, this has to be a player led charge to keep the server amicable, and its probably going to have to come from Seal Team since they appear to be the ones pushing the boundaries of staying within the rules in an attempt to gatekeep the final end-game content and shut Kingdom out.

It comes down to the hardcore raiders. They are what ruin the server, not the GM's, not the casuals. Just too goddamn desperate to stifle competition and maintain "Top Dog" status for literally fucking years that they will do anything, literally anything up to and including scripting and cheating to keep their competition from getting targets. Some healthy competition is great but this incessant need to just dominate indefinitely is extremely unhealthy for the server and from 12+ years of experience on this server I don't feel it will ever go away. Its just the type of player this game attracts.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green was an anomaly, competition was actually pretty healthy there for a while and still sort of is but its starting to slip away. Kingdom was starting to perform better and better against Seal Team each quake and natural cycle getting more targets than before each time. Seal Team, getting hit hard by burnout, sensed their grip of control was starting to slip away and in pure desperation to maintain control has since basically all but merged with a smaller less competitive 3rd guild to roll around with a 2 guild 120+ man zerg for pretty much every target since. Now lately they have all been basically skirting the line of staying within the rules and it appears to be snowballing as petitions come flying out seemingly every cycle/quake now. I predict it wont be long until Green becomes as bad a cesspool as Blue unless some drastic change happens. I don't think there's anything the GMs can do, this has to be a player led charge to keep the server amicable, and its probably going to have to come from Seal Team since they appear to be the ones pushing the boundaries of staying within the rules in an attempt to gatekeep the final end-game content and shut Kingdom out.
Sounds like Kingdom should wake the sleeper then.

Watch the seal tears flow.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Kingdom should wake the sleeper then.

Watch the seal tears flow.
lol yeah idk how many keys they have for sleepers if they could even kill a golem much less a warder. I'm also pretty sure seal team has had sleepers uncontested for months and who knows how much warder loot they have but I think it'd hurt kingdom more to wake the sleeper at this point than seal team
Old 02-24-2022, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

I'm also not convinced Seal team wouldn't just immediately wake the sleeper the instant Kingdom sets foot in there and begins to contest golems. As much as they claim to love competition I promise you 100% they don't actually want to be contested in Sleepers tomb. There's further ramifications than just the chance of losing golems to Kingdom.
It would affect quakes for them greatly. My guess is Kingdom, not having any primals for their rogues would probably go for golems relatively early if not immediately after sleepers key dragons on the outside. Seal team would then have to choose to go contest in sleepers against the golems and let all the smaller guilds rack up all the outside kills like KT, Dain, statue, etc. or let kingdom kill the golems so they can get those other loot pinatas outside.

Right now they have the luxury of not having to chose and can just follow kingdom around everywhere on quakes trying to leap frog them on targets and go to sleepers on their own time the next day as its uncontested.