Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default New Starting Player Wiki Plat Challenge: "Green Inc" Edition

It's time for another starting player wiki challenge! I've done these challenges before, and they are a great way for new players to earn a little starting platinum, while also helping the whole server by improving the wiki.

This challenge is going to be Green-focused (for obvious reasons), so there will be three Green-related things you can do to earn plat this time. You can combine them however you want, but each player can only earn a maximum of 1.5k plat from this challenge. To earn that plat you just have to complete one or more of the following tasks, and then post back here with links to your work.

#1: Per-Level Hunting Guide Entries: 500 Plat/Entry, 3 Max
You can add entries to the Per-Level Hunting Guide; these entries must be for spots BELOW level 40, and must be in classic (non-Kunark/non-Velious) zones. See http://wiki.project1999.com/Editing_The_Hunting_Guide for details.

#2: Add Locs to Wiki Maps: 500 Plat/Map, 3 Max
You can "loc map" any classic (non-Kunkar/non-Velious) zone which isn't currently mapped. You can also add a new map to an already mapped classic zone (if the zone has multiple maps and some haven't had locs added). See http://wiki.project1999.com/Adding_a_Loc_Map for details.

#3: Split a Revamped Zone: 1.5k Plat, 1 Max
You can "split" any revamped zone. This task has a bigger reward because it will be the hardest.

Over the years various zones have been "revamped", resulting in essentially two different zones. This happened in classic to places like Clan Runnyeye, to the planes of Fear/Hate/Sky, and later to Chardok/Droga/Nurga.

The problem is, when these revamps happened here everyone just replaced the old zone page with the new one ... but with Green we're going to want the old versions back. To make that happen someone needs to copy the existing page, and make a new page with the old name (or a name like "Plane of Hate (1.0)" for the planes).

Then they need to go through the NPCs/items on that page and remove all the ones from the revamp. Then they need to go back to the original (revamped) page, and remove any old ("v1") stuff from it ... and finally make sure both pages have links to each other at the top.

I should note that the way the wiki controls which items/npcs appear on a zone's page is controlled by their category (eg. if a mob has "[[Category:Clan Runnyeye]]" at the bottom of their code they show up on the Clan Runnyeye page). So most of this work will actually be editing the NPC/item pages to change their categories.

This challenge will last until next Sunday night (the 29th), so be sure to get your posts in by then to qualify (with links to your work). I'll contact all entrants via PM to coordinate the plat transfer. It will be easier if you can come pick the plat up yourself in EC tunnel, but if you aren't close by I can arrange for it to be delivered.

Happy wiki editing everyone!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:12 AM
Skeleton

*Added onto / expounded the Befallen level 15-20 entry to include soloing, mobs and a note.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykriegan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Added onto / expounded the Befallen level 15-20 entry to include soloing, mobs and a note.
Looks great! I'll assume you want to keep going with the challenge and do more wiki work, but let me know when you are done and want to "cash out".

To be clear to everyone, I'm looking for new entries for the challenge, not just updates ... but that one was barely even an entry before, and now is full of details, so it amounts to a new entry being added [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:04 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks great! I'll assume you want to keep going with the challenge and do more wiki work, but let me know when you are done and want to "cash out".

To be clear to everyone, I'm looking for new entries for the challenge, not just updates ... but that one was barely even an entry before, and now is full of details, so it amounts to a new entry being added [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep! Sorry, was going to edit my original post as I added more. I was hoping it'd count - if nothing else I felt like I made it better since the first one seemed like an afterthought and didn't seem to be accurate (pretty sure first floor of Befallen is mostly if not all green at 15).

Edit: Whoops, found I couldn't edit my original [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Added a low level entry for Kithicor Forest! And added a third for Gorge of King Xorbb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Dykriegan; 09-22-2019 at 04:29 AM..
Old 09-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, the forum only let's you edit posts for like half an hour or an hour after you write them.

But all those Per-Level Hunting Guide entries are great! If you want to collect your 1.5k let me know (via PM) when/where you want to meet up, and if you want to try "loc mapping" a zone for that last .5k feel free to do that too.

As for everyone else ... see how easy that was? Help the wiki and make some plat!

Old 09-25-2019, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Loramin is a good citizen
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:25 AM
Orc

Does money get paid on green or pay at later date on green? I don't play blue.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:00 AM
Orc

Here is unrest.
http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Estate_of_Unrest

Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'Unrest.jpg',
    height: 537,
    width: 400,
    zeroX: 192,
    zeroY: 484,
    interval: 200,
    maxX: 200,
    maxY: 800,
    minX: -200,
    minY: 0,
    zoomX: 0.52,
    zoomY: 0.52
})
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unrest grid.jpg (81.2 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-25-2019 at 07:04 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 07:31 AM
Orc

Crushbone
http://wiki.project1999.com/Crushbone

Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'Crushbone.jpg',
    height: 394,
    width: 450,
    zeroX: 266,
    zeroY: 164,
    maxX: 800,
    maxY: 400,
    minX: -400,
    minY: -600,
    zoomX: 0.29,
    zoomY: 0.375
})
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crush grid.jpg (79.4 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-25-2019 at 08:00 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 08:06 AM
Orc

CRUSHBONE CORRECTION!!!
THE ABOVE IS A SKEWED IMAGE, BELOW IS CORRECTED!
ITS 6AM I AM SORRY.

Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'Crushbone.jpg',
    height: 394,
    width: 450,
    zeroX: 305,
    zeroY: 143,
    maxX: 800,
    maxY: 400,
    minX: -400,