Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Absolutely brilliant.

Very much looking forward to this!
Old 09-22-2019, 08:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spellbook med is classic AF and should definitely be in if the devs can get it working.

What seems like a pointless annoyance actually has major gameplay consequences. First of all, it helps to balance out the caster/melee power disparity in classic, which is hugely in favor of casters. Secondly, it greatly encourages grouping through the low levels. Casters are much more vulnerable when medding. They need at least one melee to look out for them or else risk having a mob sneak up on them.
Yeah, this is why I'm also in favor of the network throttling patch to bring us down to dial-up speeds. It solves so many problems! Tired of bards swarm kiting entire zones down? They wouldn't dare risk that on dial-up speed connections! Walking through any zone is way too safe when mobs don't rubber band and pop onto your screen, so it makes having travel spells way more important. Let's FINALLY have a classic server by implementing network connection throttling.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

What about one chat window?

I'm going to be totally honest: I think some of these choices will make the game less fun to play lol

But oh well, we're doing something here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you try to play Dark Forces with the original controls its virtually unplayable, but if you re map them its one of the best FPS games ever made.

There are fair arguments to older era gaming controls like this is not being what make that game good.

That said level 35 is going to be JUICY and it never was on blue, in fact it was like the first hell level? So its just a bummer on blue, on green it will feel like 50 so there is some game play rewards and merit to this I guess.

And the above quote talks about the balancing. I was thinking about how its a boon to melee classes, however that's a bit of a stretch, as 80% of melee classes have spell books too lol
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-22-2019 at 09:02 AM..
Old 09-22-2019, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

This is going to make my gaming experience so brutal. I cannot wait! I'm even more excited now. Changes like this separate the men from the boys. We don't need boys on G99.

Only thing I can hope for now is a classic UI.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Sentinel finally has a use again after 20 years lol

Classic UI is a must, for 10 years every modder here said what rogean posted was impossible! yet here we are...

Classic UI force 640... this is all coming.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

hmm I wonder if this will be less annoying

tick
sit
spell book
tick
sit
spell book
tick
sit
spell book
tick
sit
spell book
tick
etc....

lol all the casters in the solA group gonna be standing up and sitting down like pistons in an engine.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm I wonder if this will be less annoying

tick
sit
spell book
tick
sit
spell book
tick
sit
spell book
tick
sit
spell book
tick
etc....

lol all the casters in the solA group gonna be standing up and sitting down like pistons in an engine.
O.M.G. Too funny.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, this is why I'm also in favor of the network throttling patch to bring us down to dial-up speeds. It solves so many problems! Tired of bards swarm kiting entire zones down? They wouldn't dare risk that on dial-up speed connections! Walking through any zone is way too safe when mobs don't rubber band and pop onto your screen, so it makes having travel spells way more important. Let's FINALLY have a classic server by implementing network connection throttling.
You mad about actually playing classic EverQuest, with all its associated dangers and difficulties, and not just sitting on a mindless XP treadmill that culminates in a loot piņata?

Cuz it sounds like you're mad.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

I'm very much in favor of forcing the classic stone ui but this just seems anti-fun.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol if you think you'll see other people in solA if this is in.
Closed Thread