Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 04:11 AM
Skeleton

My early game goals will be to explore and play in the areas that are not very populated on Blue, which I also did not get a chance to play on back on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Client doesn't allow money dropping anymore from what I understand.
This is correct. The reason for this is because a player dropped a very long line of copper through the EC tunnel, causing a ridiculous amount of lag, and eventually causing the payers/zone to crash.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:16 AM
Kobold

Get high enough level as fast as possible to get into Cazic Thule. Then once I have full Rubi, go get a guise, and be a red plate covered dark elf shaman with troll regeneration for all eternity.

And, apparently, get to 35 asap so I dont have to stare at a god damn spellbook for 3/4ths of my time in game. What a shitty "fix"
Last edited by Halfcell; 09-22-2019 at 05:19 AM..
Old 09-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, Zur! I pray to Mithaniel Marr for the courage to play on Project Zuranthium.
On Project Zuranthium Red, charm and fear work on players!
Old 09-29-2019, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And, apparently, get to 35 asap so I dont have to stare at a god damn spellbook for 3/4ths of my time in game. What a shitty "fix"
They are not enforcing full screen block. Just the little spell book you'll still be able to see.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get high enough level as fast as possible to get into Cazic Thule. Then once I have full Rubi, go get a guise, and be a red plate covered dark elf shaman with troll regeneration for all eternity.

What level would be needed to farm Rubi gear?
Old 09-30-2019, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic.
That reminds me of when luclin was out and i found an area of a zone which had a mob which kept respawning regardless of if the previous one was killed. There were literally hundreds of the same mob stood on each other, the framerate TANKED when you go near that area.

I dread to think what the train would of looked like if someone aggroed it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level would be needed to farm Rubi gear?
Hmmm, if grouping 30+ for most pieces; 35+ for the harder pieces (AoF is level 38 I think IIRC). A lot of mobs come with nasty HTs too.

If solo farming?
50, unless you're super well geared and have pretty awesome skills.
Last edited by Aaramis; 09-30-2019 at 08:04 AM..
Old 09-30-2019, 03:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green 99 is coming. You won't have that precious fungi, no more running to the EC tunnels for buffs or to try to push bones and silk for crucial early cash. What are some early quests, techniques, strategies you do on a fresh EQ server? What are some early goals and gear you try to achieve? What is on your fresh start checklist? Share your strats, goals, tips, and tricks below!

For me first thing I like to run to quest NPCs who give you a bag, such as

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crush_the_Undead
https://wiki.project1999.com/Skeleton_Killing
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Cigar
https://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Goblin_Beads
https://wiki.project1999.com/Air_Tight_Box_Quest

Until you can get some backpacks of your own
You didn't mention the Fire Goblin Runner quest reward Featherweight Pouch
Old 10-07-2019, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Poop in bags. I've already been saving my plastic grocery store bags for several weeks and have a proper toilet seat mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. I'm also lucky in that my garbage pick up bin is right below my bedroom window. It's still a solid 12 feet away from my desk, but I'm thinking I can just rush to the window between spawns and throw my poop bags directly into my can for the garbage collection on Mondays.

- I just "broke up" with my last RL friend. Known the guy for twenty years but if I didn't let him go, I know he'd just be communicating with me and trying to hang out and stuff while I'm playing. Also no girlfriend, because I'm red pilled to the max and don't want to lower my standards.

- Been stocking up on tuna fish pouches and boxes of ritz crackers for those late camp munchie attacks. I'm also thinking about moving my refrigerator into my bedroom and stocking it with 100% ready-to-eat food items that way I never have to cook or do dishes.

- I'm also retraining my body to become comfortable with a polyphasic sleep cycle. That basically means I'll take like one 2 hour nap per day, and offset that with short micro naps of like 20-35 minutes at a time, depending on what I'm camping. I've also secured a small supply of caffeine pills to help me when I absolutely can't sleep at all. And I mean real caffeine pills, manufactured by the Soviet Union specifically for long-term storage in case of protracted warfare. Sweet deal out of Ukraine, meant to hit you like a bolt of lightning.

- Main goals are to create the top raiding/farming guild on Green and maintain complete dominance of the raid scene for the entire classic timeline. Think TMO and Aftermath, but more hostile and edgy and driven by the will to conquer.

I suppose the above is fine for a borderline-casual. A true hardcore wouldn't divorce his friend, he'd coerce him into playing his character in 12 hour shifts. Some would say you should do the same for a girlfriend, but only people who've never seen a real gf play an MMO (*shudder*).

If your body isn't already attenuated to caffeine after a lifetime of gaming you are lying to yourself that you'll be able to pull this off. I've got an adrenaline drip set up next to my gaming chair, which of course is a toilet to negate the need for stocking up on bags. Make sure to stand up at least once every 4 hours or so else ulcers will form after the 1st week.
Closed Thread