Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 05:13 AM
Sarnak

P99s ZEM throws places like Kerra Isle not just in the dumpster, but then also puts them on fire. Why would you ever subject yourself to monk and shaman mobs that drop fish, milk and anything that isn't worth plat or gold when the ZEM is subpar? Runnyeye has the same problem, what with the ZEM being trash and the zone being way harder than say Lower Guk and Mistmoore. And yes, the loot in the latter two places is also better.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:55 AM
Kobold

I don't mind the ZEMs being moved around personally.

Wasn't that the thought originally though? Moving around the bonuses so that sometimes one place was good for leveling, then another time it was a different place?

If not then I think that should be, there is a lot of really underrated and fun content in this game that is overlooked in favor of a few percent difference in XP.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

I'll agree about runnyeye, but I don't think there's any saving kerra isle unless you wanted to make it home base for a playable kerran race. That zone's a flop.

Danth
Old 09-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll agree about runnyeye, but I don't think there's any saving kerra isle unless you wanted to make it home base for a playable kerran race. That zone's a flop.

Danth
I fully believe there are zones that will always be flops because they were just not made very well at the start.

There are however zones that are made for each starting area to quest in full of mobs like Runnyeye, Blackburrow, Befallen and Crushbone that should all be about even IMO so that it gives folks options and takes off that funnel that everyone seems to do toward Crushbone or maybe Upper Guk.

Everyone knows about Crushbone belts, most know about Gnoll Fangs, but all those starter areas should IMO be around the same favor on the ZEM front to stop that funnel. Let's spread the love around IMO, it might help it feel more like classic if the ZEMs aren't known.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Aviak

It'd be cool if ZEMs would increase dynamically in zones that are underpopulated. Like after 48 hours of failing to meet some population threshold, the ZEM could jump by 10 or something. This could continue every few days until the population meets the threshold. At that point it could slowly decrease to the base ZEM value unless the population drops again.

Super not classic, but would definitely get the population moving around a bit more.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 09-22-2019, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd be cool if ZEMs would increase dynamically in zones that are underpopulated. Like after 48 hours of failing to meet some population threshold, the ZEM could jump by 10 or something. This could continue every few days until the population meets the threshold. At that point it could slowly decrease to the base ZEM value unless the population drops again.

Super not classic, but would definitely get the population moving around a bit more.
I don't know how hard they are to change, but if they were even just done every now and then when there are server restarts or updates that'd be fine by me. Just something to mix it up. It's still classic, but maybe it'd feel more like that if we didn't know the spawns like crushbone by heart to get that ZEM bonus.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:45 PM
Kobold

I've never exp'd in Cazic, Splitpaw, or Befallen, so I'm kind of excited to dungeon dive in these places while they're popular. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to most about Green.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

FYI Befallen on Blue is some of the best XP you can have level 15-25! You don't have to wait for Green for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cazic and Splitpaw on the other hand...
Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99s ZEM throws places like Kerra Isle not just in the dumpster, but then also puts them on fire. Why would you ever subject yourself to monk and shaman mobs that drop fish, milk and anything that isn't worth plat or gold when the ZEM is subpar? Runnyeye has the same problem, what with the ZEM being trash and the zone being way harder than say Lower Guk and Mistmoore. And yes, the loot in the latter two places is also better.
Runneyeye has 33% XP Bonus, honestly not bad. The problem is just the wizard mobs are a bastard. I fully expect people in green to inhabit a zone like Runneye due to the XP bonus alone and the fact that zones will be crowded. XPing with 33% bonus at a steady rate is just as good as XPing at a 66% bonus while having to wait for spawns, in alot of cases. Typically empty zones even with standard 75 ZEM (0% bonus) should be some what populated .... I personally would rather be playing the game than fighting over beetle spawns in Unrest for the 100% bonus XP.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

I hope zems are randomized or rotated without devs telling

That would be classic as hell
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread