Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Shaman with Charm...GG
Old 03-31-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Not what you said but I always thought that if wizards and mages were completely merged as a class with caps and spells of both classes at once, and even was allowed to dual wield both classes epics, it still wouldnt be as powerful as an enchanter.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed it would but after browsing thru the disc list I’d have to say the holyforge discipline (if it works as it says it does) would be completely op on a monk. Think about it, 5 straight minutes of every hit being a critical hit!
Holyforge just gives a very limited chance to crit. My Paladin maybe crits twice in those 5 minutes
Old 03-31-2019, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

I'd say True North for any class without True North.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

I've always felt you could completely merge the wizard and mage class. All you'd need to maybe remove is snare or root and the class would be perfectly balanced against enchanters and necros.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:47 AM
Kobold

A Mage+Wizard combo class still wouldn't hold a candle to the strength of what an Enchanter can do in most areas of the game.

Consider that in-game right now, a single Enchanter is able to complete more content than a Mage+Wizard duo.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complete heal on an enchanter.
Would rather have hp buffs or malo personally. Or fd, or cantata, or torpor. Ch would be great for when everything is going right except your pet can't handle the mob. But the other stuff would help you more often and in more situations beyond soloing icy servants or whatever.

Cle/ench duo that has malo? Fd after lull crit fails? Cantata in groups/raids? Torpor for self heal or helping pet without the 10s cast time? Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always felt you could completely merge the wizard and mage class. All you'd need to maybe remove is snare or root and the class would be perfectly balanced against enchanters and necros.
Maybe not perfectly. You'd still lack in solo, even with root/snare, since you don't have good mana regen and still have pet eating xp to work around and you don't have slow for hard mobs at high level. You'd be a bit behind as a duo partner for most everyone without being able to bring c or heals or buffs (or control, if no root/snare). But you'd be awesome for trios and larger.

With root/snare, it'd be an enormous improvement for both classes, but still wouldnt be quite as dominant solo or duo as a chanter or necro. But it'd almost certainly be #1 group DPS pick... most of a rogue or monk's DPS but with ports, coth, roots, stuns, malo? OP in that setting.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-31-2019 at 12:20 PM..
Old 03-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

I'd give warriors the ability to use all weapons regardless of any race/class/deity restrictions.

It fits the class description.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holyforge just gives a very limited chance to crit. My Paladin maybe crits twice in those 5 minutes
I knew it sounded too good to be true
Old 03-31-2019, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Cleric with canni4
Closed Thread