Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Looking for Duos

Not sure if this is right spot to ask, if not I'll delete. Almost 49 Cleric here. Looking for some folks to team up with for exp. I've duo'd with a couple chanter so far and it was pretty awesome. I usually play weekday evenings when I can and mornings on weekends.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Aviak

Any preferences? Necro is a good duo partner w/ Cleric.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Most charm classes who are utilizing their charm duo great with clerics, (Enc, Druid, Nec, 4k+ CHs feel great).

Mage pets make a decent tank (Epic pets make great tanks of course) with cleric buffs+HOT heals until CH becomes viable.

Aside from that, ranger with a slow proc weapon (epic or swarmcaller) [and optionally their 50% selfhaste sky cloak] can duo well with a cleric. Can resort to snare/fear kite if needed as well.

Pre-torpor shamans can create basically all the mana they want with triple HP buffs (Hero/symb/tali) and CH, although their kill rate is kind of slow without a melee assist. Unfortunately a (not small) portion of shaman are too lazy (or scared) to canni for CH. Cleric HOT is still very good combined with canni though.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Necro or enchanter is all I've duo'd with so far but would try others. As Darkatar said it's, charmed pets with CH are great
Old 05-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Mage pets tank quite well generally as well as a real tank once buffed with the 30hp base regen they have. Base hp from 49 earth and up is around 3k or higher and can be buffed beyond that to 4K or more. It’s a very viable option and pretty relaxed and stress free alternative.

Charmed pets have higher hp pools and damage output but it keeps you on your toes as breaks are going to happen and often like to do so at the worst time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 05-10-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Old 05-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pets tank quite well generally as well as a real tank once buffed with the 30hp base regen they have. Base hp from 49 earth and up is around 3k or higher and can be buffed beyond that to 4K or more. It’s a very viable option and pretty relaxed and stress free alternative.

Charmed pets have higher hp pools and damage output but it keeps you on your toes as breaks are going to happen and often like to do so at the worst time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pet seems safer for sure. I think the damage difference is pretty significant though. An equal level charm pet is going to do easily twice as much damage as a mage pet if not more.

I haven't given it a try though. Could be interesting.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pet seems safer for sure. I think the damage difference is pretty significant though. An equal level charm pet is going to do easily twice as much damage as a mage pet if not more.

I haven't given it a try though. Could be interesting.
It really depends to be honest. Can the mob quad? If so was it given weapons? Is it hasted? How hard do the mobs hit? If has all of the above how dangerous will the breaks be and how often?

Starting from 49 on max summon pets quad fast for 56. These pets can hover in the 50-55 dps range easily. As an example low KC mobs (the stuff you could charm at 49) buffed and hasted tend to average 80ish dps. Keeping a charm on the low end mobs at 49 will be rough. High KC mobs will put out more but you’re not going to be charming them efficiently until mid 50s

Earth pet at 57 quads for 70 and usually hovers in the 70-80dps range properly buffed. A high level charm pet buffed and quadding in seb can hover around 120dps.

There’s a lot of variable stuff going on. In general charm is going to win hands down unless you’re too low to reliably keep a charm up or low enough that, relative to you, the mobs are dangerous enough that you are tempted to not toss a torch on them and/or keep them buffed with high level haste. For most content, though, ench charm dps won’t be double ... more like 150% of mage pet potential. Mage DS and nukes help close the gap. If the charm pet is on the low end and not hasted/quadding ... well I’ve had my low 50s mage pets put out a good bit MORE dps than the lazy unbuffed curate in KC or the unbuffed low level frog in seb.

In places like BM camp in velks or sirens grotto where max hit on pets is really high, enchanters dps is insanely high. The same goes for raid charm dps (Kael/tunare).

Enchanter charm potentially gains exponentially increase in power potential, but also exponentially higher risk unless the enchanter is a pro. Mages are just easy, especially if you have a safe static camp you can pull single mobs to.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth pet at 57 quads for 70 and usually hovers in the 70-80dps range properly buffed.

A high level charm pet buffed and quadding in seb can hover around 120dps.
I agree with everything else said, however, a buffed+equipped enc charm pet in seb is going to pull 120dps minimum.

(Drakkel Dire wolves in kael pull 100 and they can't even quad
'King Tormax in 389s, 452k @1162dps - A Drakkel Dire Wolf 39k @105dps)

Given real enc equipment (jumpy robe, proc weapons) and it's way over that.

[Thu May 17 02:34:26 2018] Randomguy tells the group, 'Spectral commander in 21s, 7k @319sdps --- Randomguy + pets 3k@122sdps (129dps in 20s)
^Just a plain skeletal champ with torch, I don't have parses with a +40% jumpy robe but seems like it would increase dps way past 120s.

With Cle/Enc Crack+Mez+memblur+AOE Stuns are a fairly decent saftey net, while with the mage/cle combo if the pet dies, or overpulls, etc. it's down to the cleric to be CC at that point, uncracked.

But like you said, There’s a lot of variable stuff going on. Not every enc is confident enough to rock a robe on their pet.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 05-11-2019 at 06:14 PM..
Old 05-12-2019, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

And not all enchanters will be willing to risk 1.5-2k on a tola_hasted pet that could die to an inattentive healer and/or break and murder folks and wander off to be looted by someone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread