Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Default 3 Way MQ?

I’m a monk and have my robe of the lost circle. Two other people each have the pipes from KC and Chardok. Is a 3 way MQ possible where each turns in pipe and I finish with robe? Don’t wanna get items chewed up here. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Yes it can be done. Everyone needs to turn in while indifferent+ (charm or sneaking) and you need to turn in your piece last of course
Old 08-19-2019, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

For anyone wondering with other quests, everyone involved needs to be at the relevant faction...nothing worse than an eaten MQ :s
Old 08-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Best 3 way failed MQ I participated in was for the Wizard epic - this was back when VS was a popular man.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 08-19-2019, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Definitely possible, just be aware there is a (small) chance of a mishap. I did my robe as a 3 way mq without issue. In your case the issue would be if someone screwed up a quest turn in and theres an extra robe sitting in the mobs mq inventory. If that were the case one of your mqers turning in pipes would end up with the robe.

Note the mob being killed or recently spawned has no impact on this, the mq inventory persists. I dont know if a server reboot resets it, i assume so but don't have firsthand experience to say for sure!

All that said, chances are pretty low. Also, even if it does get borked youlll still have your turn in robe for another attempt
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 08-19-2019, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

If someone else ends up with the whistling fist robe due to bork you could just buy the MQ of that from them and keep your red robe?
Old 08-19-2019, 12:52 PM
Banned

Sounds hot
Old 08-19-2019, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone else ends up with the whistling fist robe due to bork you could just buy the MQ of that from them and keep your red robe?
Silver lining. My man (Denzel voice)*
Old 08-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely possible, just be aware there is a (small) chance of a mishap. I did my robe as a 3 way mq without issue. In your case the issue would be if someone screwed up a quest turn in and theres an extra robe sitting in the mobs mq inventory. If that were the case one of your mqers turning in pipes would end up with the robe.

Note the mob being killed or recently spawned has no impact on this, the mq inventory persists. I dont know if a server reboot resets it, i assume so but don't have firsthand experience to say for sure!

All that said, chances are pretty low. Also, even if it does get borked youlll still have your turn in robe for another attempt
Any idea if this (items on quest NPCs) would still impede the turn-in if you turned in all the items in one go (not an MQ) or would that still reward the quest item even if the NPC had duplicate or unnecessary items on them?
Old 08-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

If there's a partial MQ done and you turn in a complete quest, the partial MQ remains after you receive your reward.

When you turn in you're really just completing the partial MQ and then your redundant items are left on the NPC like a "pay it forward" type deal.