Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Default Kromzek Captain needs a powerup?

We just killed this guy for Svenn. He's pretty much a normal L58 mob: hits for 172, moderately MR but slowed on the second try, and with 15k HP. Alla seems to suggest he should be quite a bit harder:

Quote:
had a LOT of health and hits hard so make sure you got a good group.. You might need 2 groups. But we did him with 1.
Quote:
We killed the captain with 7 people. 58 War, 56 Clr, 60 Enc, 60 Rog, 58 Dru, 54 Nec, 54 Shm. He is completely MR, none of my lifetaps would land. I ended up pumping the cleric with mana for CH's on the warrior.
Quote:
He's too MR to land slows btw, we came back 2 days later and did him otw to DN. Took 3 groups, we harmed the giants behind and to the side of the cap, ranger tried to snare pull, got resisted but pulled the cap anyways, i built up agro before anyone else engaged and used Def disc, they kept me healed, we killed him.
Quote:
captain is 100% MR cant be slowed
he can get nuked by ice/fire whatever just not magic.
he got mebbe 10-15k hp
all you need is a cleric, warr 59-60 going defensive skill, and warius other damage dealers and someone to DS bard/drood/mage and a haster
Quote:
They must really have been superbly equipped. Did the Captain with a 59 chanter, 57 sk (me), 60 warrior, 59 cleric, 60 druid and a 58 monk. Also got a heal from a shaman that passed by. The fight took 8 minutes total. Cleric went oom and the warrior went down. Monk tanked it for 60% of his (the monks) health and I blew a disc enhanced HT on him, 1366 dmg. It can be done like this, had we had one more CH we would have been ok and the warrior would have lived. The party basically had thurga quest equip or equivalent and no dragon haste, to give you a perspective of our equip. I imagine equipment and warrior race would make a big difference though (warlord was de). We had been told he was unslowable so we didn't even try it but I landed Torrent of Hate on the Captain so there may be a chance. On the other hand he resisted my lifetap procs.
Back of the envelope calculation: without dragon haste but with enchanter buffs and decent Velious gear (this post is from early Luclin) lets estimate dps like so: SK 25, Warrior 40, Monk 50. 115 total for 480 seconds = 55,000.

TL;DR: he should definitely be MR immune and probably have around 50k HP (instead of 15k). There are some posts which suggest he should hit for 260 as well, although they are from the Luclin era.

I guess he'll be done with 4ish on P1999 (War/Mnk/Shm/Clr or something similar).

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind
If you turn the robe back into her you get a Bracer of Benevolence. Its stats are horrendous and by far the greatest bracer in the game for a monk, and pretty much the best for any melee class. The bracer is NOT lore either. If you turn the Bracer back in you recieve a Talisman of Benevolence: 7ac 15wis 38hp 50mana 12mr/cr 0.1 weight CLR DRU SHM RANGE or Secondary slot. I am now buried in wis gear.
Is this our Aeolwind?!!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 05-04-2014 at 04:11 PM..