Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Aviak

Thank you everyone for the advice! I have summarized it with a count of the # of times that advice was given.

4: Fight easier mobs (You want a substantial level difference between you and what you are fighting; You'll hit for more and be hit less.). Try to fight things that are as low level as possible but are still dark blue.
4: Get out of Velious. Mobs hit harder and have more HP. Not great for grinding XP.
3: Level up
3: Improve your bind wound skills
2: Soloing is possible but will be a bit slow.
2: With your current gear, do stuff in full or near-full groups.
2: If you must duo, do so with a slower.
1. Gear up. (People who say you need a lot of cash for a warrior are saying it for good reasons)

Jimjam: have you worked out how to bandage without interrupting your melee attacks yet? No, I have not. Is this like "jousting"? I need to look up vids on that. I guess, get a long delay 2 hander and time my bandaging out? (I'll need a macro to target me, start bind wound, target previous target?)

bigjeff100: What is a "5th BiS alt"?
Old 04-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Jousting is totally different from the combat bind wound. Simply search the forums the bind wound combat macro is out there.

BiS means best in slot gear aka there’s nothing better you can loot to replace that specific item. 5th BiS alt means you have 5 alts that are fully geared aka you’re probably in the guild aftermath.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

I think that’s a good summary. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My only note is while people say gearing a warrior is expensive it’s only in comparison to other classes or hunting for best slot items. Fungi, Swiftblade of Zek, etc etc.

The class is more than capable of soloing with like 2k worth of gear. You can dish out and take hits very well. The margin of error just has to be dialed in since your only plan B is running. Staff of Battle, hp rings, bronze, SCHW, a ton of bandages, etc.

From 30 to close to 50 your offhand isn’t doing much and your MH damage bonus isn’t great. 2h’s are streaky but overall a much better solo tool. Definitely for the money.
Last edited by Snaggles; 04-11-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Old 04-15-2019, 09:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this is a warrior thread, I figured I'd throw this in:

Level Bind Wound in Lavastorm Mountains.

Find a little spot of lava and step in it, then walk out at like 15% HP. Bandage. Repeat.
Ooooh that's a good idea.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this is a warrior thread, I figured I'd throw this in:

Level Bind Wound in Lavastorm Mountains.

Find a little spot of lava and step in it, then walk out at like 15% HP. Bandage. Repeat.
Yeah, I did that on my monk and rogue. Very convenient since the gypsy vendor camp or whatever there sells bandaids too.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jousting is totally different from the combat bind wound. Simply search the forums the bind wound combat macro is out there.

BiS means best in slot gear aka there’s nothing better you can loot to replace that specific item. 5th BiS alt means you have 5 alts that are fully geared aka you’re probably in the guild aftermath.

I thought the phrase 3rd / 4th / 5th BiS was a means of describing the item in order of how many places behind the true BiS item.

Like item X is 3rd BiS is obtainable and 2nd BiS and 1st BiS drops off raid mobs you'd have (realistically) no chance of getting. So 3rd BiS is good enough.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

No, 5th BiS alt (notice the "alt") means your fifth alt you get BiS for.

2nd BiS (note, no "alt") generally refers to items.

e.g. 2nd BiS weap, 3rd BiS chest, etc.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Find me in game I’ll get you an infestation for free in the next week
Closed Thread