Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 04:38 PM
Banned

The Phara Dar crown is supposed to be top tier melee item.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont see a point
wont be long before kunark comes along with .1 weight weapons all over the place and the 10+ weight weapons still wont get used

maybe irl or something wear weighted clothing and do 5 jumping jacks every time you auto attack to simulate going up hill both ways in the snow to fuck off or something
Will be good to have something in place for green2.

Perhaps we can make a formula of estimated stamina loss based on swingrate/weight and trick the client into thinking it jumped the equivalent number of times, and once it runs out activate a reverse 100 hands effect.

I don't know what I'm talking about.

Sounds like a lot of difficult work.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:52 PM
VIP / Contributor

I think the only questions I have remaining are:
1) How much was the attack speed slow from being fatigued? When did the fatigue slow kick in?
2) If you're over 100 stamina, do you get attack speed slowed? I'm having a hard time believing people had sub-100 strength on tanks in Classic-Velious era

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-28-2020, 04:53 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sub-100 strength on tanks in Classic-Velious era
sorry, this should read stamina.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-28-2020, 05:10 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the only questions I have remaining are:
1) How much was the attack speed slow from being fatigued? When did the fatigue slow kick in?
2) If you're over 100 stamina, do you get attack speed slowed? I'm having a hard time believing people had sub-100 sta on tanks in Classic-Velious era
Some answers spread in this thread with links:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...hlight=stamina

One link regarding the stamina only affecting jump ability if STA = 100+:
http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-2620.html

Quote:
Palarran
07-28-2003, 07:59 AM
100 seems to be one of several "important" points in a stat. Around 100 cha (varies slightly) you'll get the best prices from indifferent vendors; at 100 stamina fatigue affects nothing except your ability to jump;
There is some anecdotal evidence on slowing the attack speed but I don't think a percentage was ever said. What's interesting, is I believe in classic any slow negated all haste effects. So it could be possible if you had only 10% slow effect on you, all your haste items + buffs would not take effect making it appear a greater slow than it could be?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...o/PgjukFbKC1YJ

Quote:
I just logged on a new char, 100 sta, jumped until stamina bar drained
and checked stats, no change. Deleted him and made a 75 sta, jumped
and when bar ran out suffered -10 to sta, dex and agi. I tried
fighting a few battles with each to test slowing in battle, but I
couldn't see anything noticeable either way. I do know with my
Barbarian Warrior, 105 sta, I have never noticed any slowing from sta
running out, even after very long overpulls where bar is empty for a
long time.
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ksar-Monk-1-55
Quote:
Stamina (sta)- This stat affects a few things. First of all it has a direct relationship to how many hit points you have. In addition to this it affects the yellow bar below your health. If you have under 100 stamina and this bar runs out (which can happen with heavy weapons, lack of food, being overweight, etc) you will lose other stats and be slowed (ie. Swing your weapon less times per second). Seeing as how this is true I would definitely try to get this stat over 100, if not put all your points into stamina.
In the end, I think the effects of stamina drain were more of an urban legend on what really happened, where basically as you were at 100 stamina you only couldn't jump but people always feared it affected damage so asked for zings?
Old 04-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont see a point
wont be long before kunark comes along with .1 weight weapons all over the place and the 10+ weight weapons still wont get used

maybe irl or something wear weighted clothing and do 5 jumping jacks every time you auto attack to simulate going up hill both ways in the snow to fuck off or something
Because people like me actually deliberately roll sub-optimal stats on purpose and equip the worst gear on purpose and actually play like that just to watch how it affects the game and have fun making the group work harder on purpose. Also, max CHA on a warrior is important, got to sell those lightstones at 9.98gp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Phara Dar crown is supposed to be top tier melee item.
Also because of this ^^^^^^^^^

And

@ all the devs, gms, and generally cool people actually looking at this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks, its awesome just knowing it was thought about.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Would love for stamina to work correctly.. Really does become a game changer...
Old 04-28-2020, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

I mean for Stamina to work classic it should be just like the mana bar. Which means melee and do’s would stop swinging their weapons after they run out. Can you imagine doing a mob and the tank runs out of stamina and now it turns on the casters and healers? Much more wipes, more deaths, less fun. Considering the level grind already I don’t think it’s necessary to change this.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Much more wipes, more deaths, less fun.
I was with you on the first two, but when you got to that last one ... you do know you could have less deaths/more "fun" playing WoW ... right?

To me the constant thread of death is a huge part of what makes this place appealing, and even with that aside, just forcing groups to think more and auto-play yes sounds awesome to me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was with you on the first two, but when you got to that last one ... you do know you could have less deaths/more "fun" playing WoW ... right?.
Lorain, true enough. I should clarify with unnecessarily more death. Death due to learning how to raid or just bad situations is EQ. Adding more death because the tank stops swinging his weapon and can’t taunt due to STA loss (which is like them going LD all the time) would be less fun.
Closed Thread