Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

I like sushi and sashimi as well. I’d love to visit japan if there were no Japanese there

Sad!
Old 09-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maerilith is trying to get me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mmm hhhhmmm. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2018, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why didn’t the oceans save the Japanese?
Because of the many islands that surround Japan in the Pacific.

The SeaBees are legendary and built up launch points which allowed the US to play hopscotch with the islands and eventually take Okinawa.

The US doesn't really have nearby islands like that, aside from maybe Bermuda (which the British used to resupply and attack us from during the Revolutionary War and 1812).

Cuba is another one, which is probably a big reason why the government got antsy about them cozying up to the Soviets.

If you're going to invade a far away land, you'll need a nearby base/network for resupply.

Logistics is the key to warfare and the US has really honed that part over the years. That's the real strength of a military.

China's military may be huge but they have a very weak and disjointed CENTCOM, for example.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:09 AM
Banned

The EU just passed Article 13.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/eu-l...right-law.html

The Brexiteers were right.

Time for a revolution.

They may take your lives...but they'll never take your memes
Old 09-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Banned

Sounds like a fine piece of right wing legislation from the likes of Ajit Pai. And before you "but, Obama" Ajit Pai is all in w/ the GoP.

You probably wouldn't notice the internet changes after this. In America we have:

fair use
noun
noun: fair use; plural noun: fair uses
(in US copyright law) the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.

Now should a monotized publication have the freedom to make money off of a screenshot from someone else's work?

If you're running a click bait site that produces very little of its own content, like, imgur. Or Twitter. Or Tumblr.

You're a part of the problem.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibetweenk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
smoker[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know. In his case I'll let him blow smoke in my face. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a fine piece of right wing legislation from the likes of Ajit Pai. And before you "but, Obama" Ajit Pai is all in w/ the GoP.

You probably wouldn't notice the internet changes after this. In America we have:

fair use
noun
noun: fair use; plural noun: fair uses
(in US copyright law) the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.

Now should a monotized publication have the freedom to make money off of a screenshot from someone else's work?

If you're running a click bait site that produces very little of its own content, like, imgur. Or Twitter. Or Tumblr.

You're a part of the problem.
Oh I know, I'm not denying that the right-wing politicians in America would support Article 13.

But so would Neo-Liberals. Hence the EU.

Just another reason why the EU is shit and the UK made the right decision to brexit.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Banned

the thing that pissed me off about jihadi john is when everyone found out who his mom was someone should have immediately murdered her but no one did

world is full of pussies
Old 09-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Banned

An article from the "left-leaning"* think tank Manhattan Institute: Time for Colleges to Get Some Skin in the Game

Quote:
DeVos is on the right track. It’s time to stop using taxpayer-backed student loans to pick favorites in higher education. Let the market do that. After ditching the gainful-employment rule, the Trump administration should next move to eliminate the income-based repayment and loan-forgiveness plans that the federal government offers graduates going into public service. According to a 2017 Congressional Budget Office report, the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program will cost $24 billion over ten years, an amount likely to increase, since almost a quarter of the workforce could be deemed eligible.
Yea that's right. Not only is Mis Born-rich private school shill letting scam private colleges off the hook -- they are now lobbying to get rid of the one method many (including myself) college grads with shit employment have of paying our loans back. "It will cost money"...

What a fucking joke. It literally costs less than 1/4 of the new military spending the Congress just gave trump.....over multiple years. How would this fucking help anything?

I watched Chris Hedge's best speech this year last night. This a lot of what he is talking about. The elites bled the working class so much that they are now going for school money and monetizing prison labor etc...essentially cannibalizing the state. This is a phase that all late empires have gone through.

The college student-loan bubble is going to pop...and there is no way we are electing a president "hard on student-loans"...this and other problems could very well create a crisis of debt and cause the world to detach the dollar as their primary reserve currency.

Once the dollar is no longer king...the empire is over. We are not going to be voting in military adventurism (another sign of late empire) and it will cause us to retract. Any credibility the elites have (very little), will disappear.

Trump will go down in History as a sign of all kinds of problems....but we will mostly focus on what the corporate elites were doing during the Trump era.

* It appears that they no longer purport to be centrist or left-leaning.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-12-2018 at 01:15 PM..
Closed Thread