Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
believe
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What, you don't believe in anything? You already said you are an atheist, that's not a belief?

As far as proof, it still has none. Missing link? More like millions of missing links. You always gotta change your formula to desperately save your failed religion there. More people believe in alien seeding (I don't, not "alien") than the number of atheists in the world. The only thing evolving is the lie of macro-evolution as it heads to it's inevitable extinction along with it's current clown spokeshole Bill Nye.

I mean if you want to move to modern times as our actual scientific thought and process has a bit improved since Darwin's day: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ty-unique.html
And more than just a fluke, far more, just downright statistically impossible. You guys constantly mock people with some religious faith or whatnot, but SHIT! you guys have as much proof for origins and life than goldfish crap in a fish bowl. I just don't have enough faith to be an atheist. That's a huuuuuuge leap from where I sit, a daunting amount of faith required, all blind. Gets even worse if you move into quantum physics on the topic of origins and evolution, about as probable as flipping a coin off your thumb on one side of the Earth and landing in your pocket on the other side of the Earth.

And that's not the only article btw, like I said you guys just accept something told to you and leave it at that. Which I suppose is better than having built a degree on it and still chase that lie because it's food on the table and maybe some political outcome desired, comrade.

blubblubblub
You need to exercise that attention span w/o medicating the fishbowl.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What, you don't believe in anything? You already said you are an atheist, that's not a belief?

As far as proof, it still has none. Missing link? More like millions of missing links. You always gotta change your formula to desperately save your failed religion there. More people believe in alien seeding (I don't, not "alien") than the number of atheists in the world. The only thing evolving is the lie of macro-evolution as it heads to it's inevitable extinction along with it's current clown spokeshole Bill Nye.

I mean if you want to move to modern times as our actual scientific thought and process has a bit improved since Darwin's day: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ty-unique.html
And more than just a fluke, far more, just downright statistically impossible. You guys constantly mock people with some religious faith or whatnot, but SHIT! you guys have as much proof for origins and life than goldfish crap in a fish bowl. I just don't have enough faith to be an atheist. That's a huuuuuuge leap from where I sit, a daunting amount of faith required, all blind. Gets even worse if you move into quantum physics on the topic of origins and evolution, about as probable as flipping a coin off your thumb on one side of the Earth and landing in your pocket on the other side of the Earth.

And that's not the only article btw, like I said you guys just accept something told to you and leave it at that. Which I suppose is better than having built a degree on it and still chase that lie because it's food on the table and maybe some political outcome desired, comrade.

blubblubblub
Lol, just lol. Lololololololololololololololololol
Old 05-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is not collecting stamps a hobby ?

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 05-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:

blubblubblub
yes daywolf, atheism is the REAL theism.

you sound like a stoned teenager
Old 05-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, just lol. Lololololololololololololololololol
Laughing about alien planet seeding again? Yep, lots of people believe that. I don't, but I'm not an asshole like you to laugh a them. I take things seriously, even look into all the claims and reason about it out with them.

Now, I believe there is something there there, but not what many think. But even the movie industry promotes the idea, such as with the movie Prometheus etc etc etc etc. Even your elite globalist friends believe in that stuff admittedly, very much they do. They are expecting these creator aliens to return soon, demigods and the age of Aquarius. It's just what they believe, laugh at them all you want because that is all you know how to do.

Big ass deception coming, just like your HRC promised "full disclosure" of aliens on her platform because it's nearly time, but I know it would have been all lies of her. Even when they come, when something comes anyway, it'll be a lie, and they are almost come. You'll prolly accept it, until you realize Daywolf was right ...right about everything. But until then, he who is in denial, let him be in denial still.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes daywolf, atheism is the REAL theism.

you sound like a stoned teenager
Whatever you put as the defining aspect of your existence in life, or even the most important thing be it a person, place or thing, that is your god. Religion is just an observance in that, can be anything you make of it, so as long as you work your way to acceptance in the realm of that belief.

It's just the way of things, as remarkable as most of the world recognizes a defined God/s, or even for some as undefined, it just seems to be built into our nature to do so, even if unbeknownst to ourselves by our true actions and beliefs.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

blubblubblub
You're talking about 'positive atheism'. The disbelief in a god or gods. Atheism is simply the lack of belief.

To explain:

A person tells a story to three people.

Person one thinks the story is true.
Person two thinks the story is a lie.
Person three doesn't quit know.

Does person one believe the story? Yes.
Does person one disbelieve the story? No.

Does person two believe the story? No.
Does person two disbelieve the story? Yes.

Does person three disbelieve the story? No.
Does person three believe the story? No.

Not believing something is not the same as disbelief.

You're an atheist or a theist, it's not a spectrum that includes agnosticism. I'm an agnostic atheist for example. I don't believe in any gods, therefore I'm an atheist. I don't know if any gods exist and I don't think you can prove it therefore I'm also an agnostic.
All three terms 'atheist', 'theist' and 'agnostic' are mostly misused.

The missing links bit is a well-known strawman argument based on a misunderstanding of transitional fossils. In fact, every fossil is a transitional fossil. Creationists are looking for the crocoduck, which evolutionary biologists don't claim to exist.

You're really just regurgitating tired tropes. Everything you say is featured in every boring atheist vs. theist discussion.
Faith in God is very different than faith in the scientific process. In fact, the Bible clearly states a specific type of faith and it is blind faith. Research can be verified. All good science can be verified, that's the point of it. Allowing individuals to specialize and relying on their expertise is one of the reasons why we have progressed as far as we have. You need to have faith when you call a plumber. You can, if you feel so inclined, learn the ins and outs of plumbing and then you'll be able to know if that plumber is good or not. It's misleading the compare this to religious faith.
After centuries of admiration for devout religious blind faith we are (partially) living in a new world where it's no longer admirable to just say "I believe! I have faith!". We value rational thought and evidence. Calling atheism a belief system, Darwin a prophet and evolution a belief is all about pulling a veriable trust in the scientific process down to the intellectual level of religious faith. Much easier than rationally defending your own belief system.

It's dishonest and incorrect.

Will your next argument be that evolution is only a theory? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's always a good one.

The article does nothing for your case. Nowhere does it state that it's downright impossible. Brian Cox is also a physicist and not an evolutionary biologist.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

BELIEVING something is different from KNOWING something.

For fuck sake do i really have to write this down ?

This is how you get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhJWusyj4I

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 05-14-2017, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Saying that atheists just believe what they're told is a combination of horseshit and a truth that you manipulate to fit your argument.

While it's true that a lot of people do simply believe what they're told it's not an argument against anything. It's the 'white doctor's coat' fallacy. Have some guy with 'dr.' in his name wearing a white coat in an infomercial and it must be true! Clickbait articles on social media about some research is taken as gospel by some people. Quite often people don't even read the article but simply go by what the article header says. If you actually read the article the header and actual text don't match. Check the source and it refers to another article. Compare the two articles and yet more information is lost in transition. Check that source and it may refer to yet another article or if you're lucky it will show the source to be simply a summary of the research and not even the research itself. Useless information really.

Since you can't know everything due to inescapable limitations (the fact that we happen to die at some point in our life for example) you are forced to rely on experts. Does that mean you will at some point believe something to be true when it's not? Certainly. There is bad science out there and there are bad scientists, even scientists that purposely mislead. But the whole 'you just believe evolution because you're told' line as an argument against evolution (for example) falls flat for two reasons. It falls flat the moment you come across an actual evolutionary biologist. You can't say that they simply believe what they're told. But of course you explain this by calling them all frauds. Easy enough I guess.
It also falls flat because you actually can do the research for yourself. Most aspects of any religion can not be verified. Science receives its information through rigorous research, a process of falsification, tests that can be (and must be in order to be valid) replicated etc. Religion receives its information through individuals that were supposedly given this information through divine messages. Science has proven itself as the most trustworthy and reliable process time and time again. Religion has not. With thousands of different religions and three major Abrahamic religions that negate at least 2 out of 3 (if Islam is true, then Judaism and Christianity is not. If Judaism is true then ... etc.) by necessity it's intellectually dishonest to compare science and religion.

The idea that atheists follow do simply follow what comes out a veriable scientific process but theists don't simply follow what comes out of an ancient book that reveals its unveriable sources to be divine messages passed to prophets is mind-blowing to me.

Science currently only posits hypotheses for abiogenesis, no theories. No scientist that follows the scientific process properly will currently claim to have any real knowledge. Why that's an issue for religious people I don't know. There's point A (no life) and point B (life) and science can't (yet?) explain how we got from point A to B. But not a single religion offers anything of substance either. All it does is say that we got from point A to B by God's hand. But can it say how? 'God did it' is not information on abiogenesis. That offers exactly as much as saying it occured through a natural process. We want to know how. Claiming that science can't (currently) explain abiogenesis is evidence for God is simply the God-of-the-gaps argument and doesn't hold up.

I've heard the quantum physics arguments. People try to exclude the possibility of no God existing but even in those arguments they make leaps from 'there must be some type of being' to the Jehovah's existence and creationism.

Quote:
Whatever you put as the defining aspect of your existence in life, or even the most important thing be it a person, place or thing, that is your god. Religion is just an observance in that, can be anything you make of it, so as long as you work your way to acceptance in the realm of that belief.

It's just the way of things, as remarkable as most of the world recognizes a defined God/s, or even for some as undefined, it just seems to be built into our nature to do so, even if unbeknownst to ourselves by our true actions and beliefs.
That is just Randian in its intellectual dishonesty. You're doing one of two things here.

1) You're twisting words with existing meanings into what you want them to be and then using your own words to argue. That's the equivalent of saying the sun isn't warm because you use the word 'warm' to mean 'pineapple' and clearly the sun isn't pineapple. That is obviously ridiculous but by twisting the words just enough to retain some semblance of the actual meaning it creates the illusion that you're making any sense.

2) You started by arguing in a literal sense and then expanded the meaning of certain words to also hold some figurative meaning. You need to make a choice. You want to use 'god' and 'religion' figuratively? Fine, but then your initial argument changes in meaning and becomes an utterly useless comment.
Last edited by Csihar; 05-14-2017 at 05:58 PM..
Old 05-14-2017, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Are some people seriously going to cry and keep saying he'll be out soon for the next 3.5 years. seriously?

I hope he wins another 4 years.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread