Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This alone is why Halfling is the most powerful race in the game.
Wood elves can do this too, however.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Wood-elves no sneaks - he talkin' sneaks.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

He's talking about handing in quest items and being indifferent to the mob. Wood elves have racial hide and can do this.

You can hide after opening the trade box and it won't break hide when you click trade. Additionally, if you have a friend who can cast invis or ivu on you while you have the trade box open, you can do indifferent turn-ins with any race/class.

So it's really not all that advantageous to play a smelly hobbit.
Last edited by Ravager; 09-19-2017 at 07:29 PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

Fair enough, good point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I share your hatred of the hairy-footy garbage race that is the Halfling, you have good taste sir.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's talking about handing in quest items and being indifferent to the mob. Wood elves have racial hide and can do this.

You can hide after opening the trade box and it won't break hide when you click trade. Additionally, if you have a friend who can cast invis or ivu on you while you have the trade box open, you can do indifferent turn-ins with any race/class.

So it's really not all that advantageous to play a smelly hobbit.
But the key difference is that a sneaking halfling can trade/bank with KOS mobs (as long as he can stay out of their line of sight), whereas a wood elf would get killed the moment they got close (ie. before they could hide), right? Unless they have a friend invis them, but I'm not sure how helpful that would be given that racial hide only works 1 in every 4 or 5 time, and you can't check whether hide succeeded or not while invis.

Or am I missing something? (Genuine question: I personally never use hide/sneak on my halfling.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-19-2017 at 07:51 PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the key difference is that a sneaking halfling can trade/bank with KOS mobs (along as he can stay out of their line of sight), whereas a wood elf would get killed the moment they got close (ie. before they could hide) right? Unless they have a friend invis them, but I'm not sure how helpful that would be given that racial hide only works 1 in every 4 or 5 time, and you can't check whether hide succeeded or not while invis.

Or am I missing something?
They have harmony for outside, corners to hide behind for inside and ports for the bank.

You can check if hide worked by simply conning the mob. It will say indifferent if it worked.

Sneak is more convenient yes, but you're weighing that against an unlimited clicky root that you can have at level 30. So, I guess it's what you think you'd find more utility with. For me it's the root.

How many indifferent quests are you really doing over the 60 levels of your druid where sneak is that important? How many merchants and banks in KOS areas are you really going to visit that sneaking around trying to not get caught is more convenient than a simple port/gate? How many times will you go oom and a click root would be handy instead of running for the zoneline? Especially for soloing druids, the clicky root is an amazing recovery tool for when you get adds or a ton of resists.
Last edited by Ravager; 09-19-2017 at 08:05 PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can check if hide worked by simply conning the mob. It will say indifferent if it worked.
Totally, but when you're invis the mob already counts as indifferent, so I wasn't clear on how a friend invising you would help (since you would have no way of knowing whether or not the hide worked until you broke invis ... and with racial hide the odds aren't in your favor).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally, but when you're invis the mob already counts as indifferent, so I wasn't clear on how a friend invising you would help (since you would have no way of knowing whether or not the hide worked until you broke invis ... and with racial hide the odds aren't in your favor).
The way the trick works is this:

Step 1.) Open the trade box. This can be done from around a corner, or even far away enough from the mob if it's kos so it doesn't aggro you in 3rd person view.

Step 2.) Hide/Invis. If hiding, just con the mob to see if you're indifferent, if not, try again. Usually only takes a couple of tries if it doesn't work the first time. If a friend is invising you, tell them to invis you after you've opened the trade box. The mob will be indifferent unless of course it sees invis.

Step 3.) Hit trade. Hide and invis will not break if you've opened the trade box before hiding or going invis.

Like I said, it's just about how much utility you think you'd get from a root necklace vs sneaking. For me, I just can't think of many quests where the convenience of sneak is crucial nor do I think I'd ever do them so often that I'd give up the clicky. Sneaking around a dungeon might be fun, but I have a rogue for that. And vendoring and banking for a druid are literally just a click away.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

You can get root from a spell gem. You can get invis from a spell gem. You cannot get sneak from a spell gem.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing sneak's usefulness to a druid. Niche situations at best.
Closed Thread