Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

The trick is to create a high profile forum post asking if it is worth saving for a fungi when you are in fact the one with a fungi to sell.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

HEBs are overfarmed and worth 60k on this server. Don't pay any more for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HEBs are overfarmed and worth 60k on this server. Don't pay any more for them.
I'll pay that if you're selling.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Wts Evil Eye Lense 19 charges. 67,178 plat 5 gold 7 silver 1 copper.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

I think people are confusing the intentional nefarious manipulation of the market with just old fashioned salesmanship and speculation. The end result is the same, but one is almost a form of dishonesty and cheating.

Buying T-Staffs before the triple attack change because you think the price will jump will CAUSE the price of T-Staffs to go up. Its perfectly legit speculation...which regardless of any patch (they could have decided not to put in the patch at all) would still cause a rise in the price of T-Staffs. The market price changed due to speculation, not dishonest manipulation.

Even slightly nefarious behaviors---like advertising the change on the forums as a way to grease the wheels for the price increase---is really just good business.

Personally, as long as you don't intentionally deceive someone (like starting false auction threads for example) I don't think its an issue. I don't think the GMs can really police this stuff though...so it is a real buyer beware market.

One of the fun things about playing the p99 economy over the last 8 years has been that (unlike real life) almost all of us know the major shocks that are coming. Which items will be nerfed, removed from game, made obsolete by expansion upgrades, etc...is all pretty much solidly known information. Folks who have paid close attention to this have learned how to make a great deal of plat just banking on the right items at the right times. It still boggles my mind how anyone would not have farmed/bought at least a few HEB before the nerf.
Closed Thread