Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Large Bat

Simply getting some leather and a fine steel weapon is imo "Twinking" in classic. The BIS list is technically the lowest form of "Twinking" which in classic its END game gear.

But yea if i had 1-2k heres what I would do. +3 WIS earrings, +6 WIS rings, fill the rest with leather and a fine steel weapon and save the rest for spells.

Buy BIS armor when you see it for sale and can afford it. The goal with 1-2k is to make it to 34 and start porting. Then port so you can buy your BIS items and get enough WIS to start quadding.

Thats my guide to classic low budget "Twinking" a Druid =)
Old 12-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, or do druids not melee at all even at low levels?
ive never seen it so gonna assume not past level 3
Old 12-05-2019, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Rent a combine scimitar for a while.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Rent a "Scimitar" for 6pp, and sell it back for 6 when your done with it.

Or, find a player who can make you one of these: https://wiki.project1999.com/Forged_Bastard_Sword

For some reason, Druids can use it and look like awesome warriors ;D
Old 12-05-2019, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

These dingdongs are wrong.. you're gonna be meleeing into your early/mid teens. Get the best scimitar you can and some high AC armor and shield (bark shield or black chitin is good), leather or reinforced. WIS does dick for you until the mid levels when you can no longer hang in melee range and you need to blow the better part of a mana bar to kill stuff. It gives a paltry amount of mana per point at low levels.

Dont spend your money on any expensive WIS stuff until at least 20 and sure you're gonna continue with it.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Hell, just buy a cheap set of leather/patchwork and a fine steel great staff. Save all your cash until 20ish and then start buying BIS pieces prioritizing the pieces that give the most mana per plat.

maybe consider buying belts to get you from 10-14, since those levels really suck as a druid.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:43 AM
Fire Giant

HP and AC items.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think that will fit on a budget of 1 - 2 k though. Which items should I prioritize?
Buy a telescope to reset your GCD, a cheap magical weapon so you can kill wisps and ghouls and crap, then spend most of the rest on the items that give you the most bang for your buck. Don't buy a 10 wis item that costs 1k when you can buy 3 5 wis items for 200pp each, that sort of thing. Save at least 300pp or so for spells or if you want a random teleport or something before you can port yourself.

You'll likely find leathery armor stuff to wear while leveling for a bit of extra AC. Telling you specific items besides stuff like the telescope is a bit pointless imo because having some ideal list is one thing, and actually spending the time finding the sellers (it's a buyers market out there, just look at the auction sections) at a price you like is another thing. Levels are king in EQ, and time spent in EC or running around buying stuff with a main instead of just getting to it on your druid is time largely wasted imo.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-05-2019 at 08:40 AM..
Old 12-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Brazier of elemental summoning and a good wifi connection
Old 12-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It gives a paltry amount of mana per point at low levels
It gives relatively the same boost to mana at every level. That's what "scales with level" means. If anything, you get relatively more bang for your buck with wisdom at low levels because you aren't also wearing +mp gear. Your spells are cheaper and mobs are MUCH weaker. Wisdom gear isn't a waste at low levels, especially if it's wisdom gear you'll continue wearing at higher levels.

Don't get me wrong. My sham at 41 is still wearing banded and regularly meleeing between spellcasts. AC and a solid magical weapon are a big deal for the first 20 levels even for a druid. But you also can be charming animals and not meleeing at all, and doing better for yourself thereby, by level 20. And you'll want more mana to do that.
Closed Thread